My admin control panel doesn't work since porting over my forum to another web service provider

Go to solution Solved by Elliot Marx,

I tried to port over my forum and finally got it working but the "admin" folder is broken.

I get this error message when I go to the admin folder:

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

CANNOT_MAKE_DIR

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

Try again
Any thoughts of how to fix this?

4 hours ago, Elliot Marx said:

Jim M - please see the below topic. CHMOD is fine. My aggravations are far from over. High five only once this nightmare is fixed.

Please ensure that your permissions and folders/files are owned by the correct user/group for your new environment. If you continue to have issues, please contact your hosting provider to verify what is set. Often during a move, things can get changed and moving to a new environment, things can be different. IE if your new host is running suPHP or suexec, folders would need to be 755 and files 644 to be executed/writable.

If you want to provide us access via the Client Area we can take a quick peek if you’d like. 

The high five is for thanking Terabyte, as that is the correct answer for the error shown 🙂.

• Solution
13 hours ago, Jim M said:

Please ensure that your permissions and folders/files are owned by the correct user/group for your new environment. If you continue to have issues, please contact your hosting provider to verify what is set. Often during a move, things can get changed and moving to a new environment, things can be different. IE if your new host is running suPHP or suexec, folders would need to be 755 and files 644 to be executed/writable.

If you want to provide us access via the Client Area we can take a quick peek if you’d like. 

The high five is for thanking Terabyte, as that is the correct answer for the error shown 🙂.

Hello Jim,

All good, Miss_B answered my other thread!