Importing data from another forum

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

21 minutes ago, misfit76 said:

Is it possible to import data from a PhpBB forum into an existing IPB site?  The sites are not on the same server. Can data be exported and them imported into an existing site?

thank you!

steve k.

It would be best if both sites were on the same server inho, as it will make conversion easier/more convenient.

2 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

It would be best if both sites were on the same server inho, as it will make conversion easier/more convenient.

That is the part that is currently not possible. These are two active sites. There is a plan for one to be retired, but i do not think i can move it to the same server

thinks i see in the the instructions is all about old site migrating to a new fresh site without much data

Thanks,

steve 

21 minutes ago, misfit76 said:

That is the part that is currently not possible. These are two active sites. There is a plan for one to be retired, but i do not think i can move it to the same server

thinks i see in the the instructions is all about old site migrating to a new fresh site without much data

Thanks,

steve 

Why is that not possible if I may ask? It is easy to move your forum to another server. You can move your Ipb forum to the same host as your phpBB forum, or vice versa. Then you can merge both forums. I am not sure though if the converter has a merge system built in.

Here you can see how to move servers.

10 hours ago, misfit76 said:

Thank you! i will investigate getting the other site moved to my server. Is there a problem with moving things to an existing site? 

steve k.

No, there is no problem with moving data to an existing site. Of course, perform all the usual precautions (backing up) 🙂