Group Name - Multiple Colours

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

What is the recommended method for using multiple colours in group names. After setting the group formatting colour is adding this in to the group name field okay?

Invision Community <span style='color:#666999'>Team</span>

It has worked fine for decade(s) (and still functions without problems) I do come across fields like this in AdminCP where groups titles are listed...

Team"' href='https://bringbackticketsupport.com/?app=core&module=members&controller=groups&do=permissions&id=666'> Invision Community Team

Ted.

Edited by Teddy Rogers

This typically happened because you applied the closing tag incorrectly.  

For example:

FIRST BOX

<span style="color:purple;font-weight:bold">

SECOND BOX

</span>

You would not want the close span included in the first box (as it would not apply anything to the group name itself.  If you forget to include the close span in the second box, it will also break the HTML and not render correctly and possibly output like you described above.  

Another example would be something like IPS used to do for the Customer group by putting a red + mark in front of their name and making it italic.  It might look something like:

FIRST BOX

<span style="color:red"><strong>+</strong></span> <i>

SECOND BOX

</i>

And the output might look like + Randy Calvert

Tags were okay in this instance, I meant I agreed with you regarding closing tags being required. Changing the hex code value to a defined colour seemed to fix it (or the formatting) for some reason. The sample I gave was of the rendered (visible) text being displayed alongside group names, only a problem in AdminCP. Anyway, all good now and thanks for your help... 👍

Ted.

Am I correct in assuming that this was on the URL you listed at in your code example? Just want to see if this is a parsing error on our end, we take care of it or find a more robust way to validate those when they are inserted into this field.

I went back and double checked. The problem turns out its the way I typed in using single quotes and doubles.

Go to "Group Name" field and enter this in...

Invision Community <span style='color:red'>Team</span>

Now go to a forum and view permissions and you will see the change in the list of group names.

Using double quotes works fine, like this...

Invision Community <span style="color:red">Team</span>

Ted.