Welcome to Invision Community 4

Ihia
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

For the last few days many of our members have been getting the attached message popping up while they are on the forum

Can anyone tell me what this is and why our members are being asked to Install a Guide that even we dont know what it is.

It pops up every 4 or 5 clicks apparently

7E37BC34-9EA0-4205-832C-526908B492A7.thumb.jpeg.47dfa676b4fecb6163771e4c831b7a55.jpg.234d42a05041baa1a57e9640d20d6ca7.jpg

Edited by Ihia

• Solution

Sorry for the inconvenience. There was an issue on our end which was causing this issue sporadically to some clients. This issue should be resolved now. If you're still seeing this message, please try clearing your browser's cache. If you're still seeing this message, please let us know. Again, sorry for the inconvenience. 

35 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Sorry for the inconvenience. There was an issue on our end which was causing this issue sporadically to some clients. This issue should be resolved now. If you're still seeing this message, please try clearing your browser's cache. If you're still seeing this message, please let us know. Again, sorry for the inconvenience. 

No problem Jim, thanks for your quick reply.

As you can imagine this kind of thing does freak people out a bit.

I will let you know if anyone reports it again. I have posted that they clear their cache but not everyone will see my message.

Lastly - a few guys are saying they clicked to Install the guide as they thought it was necessary - any likely damage by them doing that?

1 minute ago, Ihia said:

No problem Jim, thanks for your quick reply.

As you can imagine this kind of thing does freak people out a bit.

I will let you know if anyone reports it again. I have posted that they clear their cache but not everyone will see my message.

Lastly - a few guys are saying they clicked to Install the guide as they thought it was necessary - any likely damage by them doing that?

Thank you for your understanding. It’s definitely not something we’d want to show your users either 🙂 .

No harm done by clicking the install guide as that just bring them to our documentation here.