Trying to add invision forums to my subdomain problems

Hi if anyone can help please.

Ive purchased the forums that are hosted by Invision but I am unable to add this to my subdomain.

Invision tell me that only web host can help and my web host tells me he really doesn't understand the instructions as what to do.

Invision sent me email with these instructions on:

Hello,

We would be happy to assist in activating that Subdomain name on your account. To get started, we will need you to create two CNAME Records in the DNS zone file where your base domain is now hosted. The two CNAME Records are as follows:

REDACTED

REDACTED

Note the trailing periods after the target names; they are required. Also note that the second CNAME Record, for SSL validation, is time-sensitive; please create these records promptly.

Once you have completed the change, please let us know and we will proceed with the final configuration and activation on our end.

My site is in  CPANEL ...  do i click into dynamic dns and if so what do i add?

CPANEL 1.jpg

Edited by Mark H
redacted some sensitive details

1 hour ago, Daniel F said:

That's managed via the "Zone Editor" ( the icon is in the last line on your screenshot) 

https://docs.cpanel.net/cpanel/domains/zone-editor/

GREAT thanks

so i go into my zone editor and add the two cname records

friendshipforums CNAME o316083.invisionservice.com.

_457899d55c6b2424f195a911a8a2117b.friendshipforums CNAME _67f5910f653ff97ff51cca32c7f1860a.snmnbsbtgy.acm-validations.aws.

HOWEVER.... is it ok to add the cname records just to the domain?   I dont want to lose the main website and i want the forums on the subdomain I've created. cant see subdomain in my zone editor.

thanks

I will move this over to our advanced hosting community support forum for you. Please note, any advice we give here relating to your hosting is not given as official support for your product. If your domain is from your hosting company, I would say it's a little concerning that they dont know how to add a simple entry for you. 

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I will move this over to our advanced hosting community support forum for you. Please note, any advice we give here relating to your hosting is not given as official support for your product. If your domain is from your hosting company, I would say it's a little concerning that they dont know how to add a simple entry for you. 

I was a bit surprised when he couldnt help me have to admit...  😞

20 hours ago, Mark H said:

That's correct, if you add the two CNAME Records, that will not affect your main site.

Once the Records are added, just reply to the email you received. We'll do the rest.

And if for some reason you have problems adding them, let us know as well.

UH OHHH  look what I get notified

cname record 1.jpg

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

10 minutes ago, kar3n2 said:

Ive tried again and removed the "spaces" so now there's no notification... so perhaps that was the little challenge maybe 🙂

10 minutes ago, kar3n2 said:

UH OHHH  look what I get notified

cname record 1.jpg

2 minutes ago, kar3n2 said:

oh god    i tell a lie....

once i removed the spaces i got another error once I click to add  😞   Now I'm just confusing you all probably... really sorry 😞

cname 2.jpg

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Try adding friendshipforums in the top box,  then everything after "CNAME " in the second box

Ok... well maybe it's the way its written...  as its still not working?

soo...  I thought from what you said it might it be as follows BUT it still didnt work   😞   hmmmmm

friendshipforums

o316083.invisionservice.com._457899d55c6b2424f195a911a8a2117b.

friendshipforums 

_67f5910f653ff97ff51cca32c7f1860a.snmnbsbtgy.acm-validations.aws.

1 hour ago, Randy Calvert said:

When creating the CNAME, you want:

Name: friendshipforums
CNAME: o316083.invisionservice.com.

I believe with cPanel you will need to add the the extra period at the end of the domain name (meaning "o316083.invisionservice.com." not "o316083.invisionservice.com").

Thats correct with the extra period on cPanel

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I want to to exactly same. Where did KAR3N2 find this detail: o316083.invisionservice.com.

I created a forum also, and ready to plug it to a subdomain. But where do we get this stuff from Invisiion. - i mean the name of the service for MY forum ? 

Thank you !

In other words :

I created a website on Square Space with a member area. For the member area, I am adding a forum and i am using INVISTIO COMMUNITY for that. For now in Demo mode.

I need to create a sub domain with GANDI (my domain provider). But I have read that i need to create 2 DNS, not just one for my forum subdomain to work with my invisition forum. And the information i need to type in is quite complexe. I guess you have to provide it to me.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/463763-trying-to-add-invision-forums-to-my-subdomain-problems/#replyForm

Could you provide me with step by step explanations on how to create the correct DNS for my forum.planetpeople.io ? 

Many thanks

Olivier