Recent browsing and who's online (4.6.6)

bearback

Hi

i know this has been discussed before,  recent browsing and who's online do not show in real time so are now cached. This is now being noticed by my users. Is there a way to stop these blocks from being cached ?  i still want the side bar and header/footer cached for longer periods as they rarely change.

I manage a few forums and on busy forums its not so noticeable (only by the members) but on the not so busy forums it makes it look like there are no members browsing the forums. Reducing cache times to try and solve the recent browsing and who's online issue  in my opinion defeats the whole idea of having a caching system.  

Thank you

Thought i would ask if there was a quicker fix, suggestion unfortunately take a long time. If they ever get implemented that is. 😉   

Are all blocks cached ? for example if a new custom block was created would that also be cached ?

Thank you for a prompt reply 👍

Having the recently browsing and who's online blocks cached makes forums seem like there's no active members, even though the forum has many active members. Recent browsing block is the worsted  On forums with few active members the impact of the blocks really is highlighted. 

Invision forum for example i would always see people browsing but now its a rare to see many topics with people browsing due to caching, . If caching is to prevent performance hits then give the admin the choice to disable or enable the individual blocks. The caching of these blocks is all or nothing or reduce caching times in the present setup.

online.thumb.jpg.0784c10e701b763203001e54873a1175.jpg