Max body width - 1340

Hi all,

New to Invision Community and new to this forum. I have recently installed forum 4.5.2 and migrated from vBulletin 4.0. Everything went fairly smoothly, and after a few PHP tweaks the convertor ran very well and i was impressed with the results.

The forum owner has asked me to increase the maximum width, from 1340 to something higher such as 1600.

I looked at this guide:

But i am still unsure where to increase the width. I was hoping i could edit custom.css. I used the developer tools in Chrome to try and find the setting but i was unsuccessful.

Can anyone help here?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Meddysong said:

Yes, custom.css is the place to go:

:root{
  --container--width:1600px;
}

I hope you enjoy your new software 🙂

Just tested on my testing install and it worked perfectly. I knew it would be fairly simple - thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I am enjoying using the software - it's different to my normal IT work and has been good fun migrating, re-designing and deploying our forum.

Kudos to the converter for doing all the 'heavy lifting' - i was very impressed by the results.

Nick

Edited by HoundsTooth
typo

On 5/27/2021 at 8:48 AM, Jimi Wikman said:

Welcome to the Invision Community Nick, glad to have you here and as you can see we like to help if we can so don't be a stranger and of course....enjoy your new Invision Community setup 🙂

Cheers Jimi, I will be back with some more questions no doubt. I try to always work out the solution myself first, but sometimes you gotta ask 😉

nick