Banned members names - strikeout

Maxxius

I dont know if it's easy to do or but I'll just put this out there.

whenever a member is banned (and since there is no more banned group) his name should be Struck out like this in posts, profile and other places you deem appropriate. A universal symbol which makes you instantly understand that a member is no longer a part of the community.

Edited by Maxxius

10 hours ago, Maxxius said:

Yeah I know of this plugin. But that's exactly why I made this topic. This should be doable without any plugins to rely on.

The answer for me is no. This has come up many times before and I don't want or need a default option to show a shun on a member because they are no longer welcome on the site. This is a cancel culture item that I don't want.

200.gif

For Banned members we manually put their reputation at -1000 and use a Banned Badge which kicks in at that reputation level. For the most part only admins and mods see this since banned members have all their post hidden.

image.png.cefd4e94e37302677d2b2276034d289c.png

12 minutes ago, MEVi said:

it would also be good if the profile could no longer be indexed in public in addition to being displayed in "black and white".

I'm not sure if it is the app we use or part of ACP but we do not show the specific group were we put banned members. So when members browse the members tab they only show active member groups.