Hump Day: web push notifications support & new offline page

graphic.png

Happy Hump Day, fam! 

Though we're only halfway through the week, so much has been done behind-the-scenes. We wanted to give you a little peek behind the curtain as we continue to better 4.6 (~coming soooooon~). 

Below is a dump of fixes in the past week 🤯  

The support for web push notifications and the new, simple offline page are of particular interest to me personally. How about you? Anything stand out? Questions?

- Fixed an issue with the REST API where a GET request to records with a category parameter would result in a DB error.

- Added support for web push notifications.

- Added a simple offline page, displayed when users have no internet connection.

- Added support for web push notifications. To support these kinds of notifications, you will need to add parse_mobile_* methods in your Notification extensions.

- Added a `$count` parameter to `\IPS\Content::definiteArticle/_definiteArticle()`. If an integer is passed, a pluralized phrase will be used, if available. You should add pluralized strings for any `__defart_*` strings you've already created. The key should be in the format `__defart_*_plural`.

- Fixed an inaccurate Redis log entry indicating read server used instead of write server.

- Fixed an issue where you could not hook into `\IPS\Redis`.

- Fixed an issue where font-awesome `<i>` tags submitted in source mode are stripped by CKEditor.

- Fixed an issue where copying a donation goal would not copy the donation goal description.

- Fixed an issue where copying a support department would not copy the support department submission screen text.

- Fixed an issue where copying a support severity would not copy the support severity description.

- Fixed an issue where deleting a support status would not remove the custom language strings in the database.

- Fixed an issue where copying or deleting a shipping rate did not copy or delete the delivery estimate text.

- Fixed an issue where copying or deleting a product filter did not copy or delete the public name.

- Fixed an issue where copying or deleting a product did not copy or delete various translatable fields, such as the client area page content and email notification subjects.

- Fixed an issue where you may be able to purchase more than the number of items in stock.

- Improved email normalization for MaxMind fraud detection.

- Fixed statistical charts not working in some locales.

- Fixed sitemaps not generating properly.

BTW, I've received a lot of messages about when we can expect 4.6. It's on our minds, too! 

We're putting forth the extra effort into the new Achievements system so give us a sec if that's alright. Speaking of... stay tuned for Friday's post. We have a cool Achievements feature to share with ya. 😎 

Check things out above then drop us a line in the comments below (even if it's just to say hi). 

Related:

Patience is a virtue, or so I am told.  I can wait.  I rather we all experience a complete product that is as stable and as secure as possible. I understand no release from any software development is ever perfect. But I admire the attempt to strive for perfection when able. If this release can include the new achievement feature in the process, all the better.

Thank you for the continuous updates. It is good to see we are all being kept within 'the know.'

10 hours ago, SUBRTX said:

Well, some of the third party app/plugin aren't even 4.5 ready...

Cautionary tale: Be careful on what third-party applications or extensions you decide to purchase and depend on. Get nothing you can't live without or upgrade/support yourself if anything other than "works today" matters for you.

1 hour ago, CoffeeCake said:

Cautionary tale: Be careful on what third-party applications or extensions you decide to purchase and depend on. Get nothing you can't live without or upgrade/support yourself if anything other than "works today" matters for you.

Feeling this. 

I use Members Shop big time and it appears that's going away. At least we are getting Achievements 🙂 

But yea the current points system is integrated deep into my community. Should be interesting to see how this unfolds lol 

• 2 weeks later...