Clubs (or something similar) for 1 member only

annadaa

If we want to make available a paid subscription formula, we must bring a real plus.

I think, why not use something like clubs.

After joining, this will open a club or something else, with a "private member area" page that might look like a club page but better.

The goal is to provide quality support and private follow-up to each client, and offer them a beautiful personalized page specific to each one.

- schedule for coaching
- widgets for each information specific to this member
- private forum for questions and answers with the team

This may be possible today by creating a specific group for each member, etc., but this goes beyond the use by which we have been creating clubs and user groups.

Who says groups means several members.

On 1/24/2021 at 11:41 AM, annadaa said:

If we want to make available a paid subscription formula, we must bring a real plus.

After joining, this will open a club or something else, with a "private member area" page that might look like a club page but better.

The goal is to provide quality support and private follow-up to each client, and offer them a beautiful personalized page specific to each one.

- schedule for coaching

This may be possible today by creating a specific group for each member, etc., but this goes beyond the use by which we have been creating clubs and user groups.

This is already doable in Clubs, especially with their improvements:

• You can create paid clubswhere fans need to pay $$ to access
  • You can add a club calendar for coaching
  • You can download Club Enhancements plugin to add custom widgets to sidebar
  • You can make club forum node to be question and answer
  • You can add custom pages 

What else do you need?  Pretty sure everything you want is 100% available today either in vanilla IPS or in the Club Enhancement.  

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Clubs with one member:

GIF vide par memecandy

I don't think this has broad appeal, but Pages with some custom plug-ins could likely accommodate it.

The only way when you want to bring a personalized page to each member is to tinker with the 'possible options that exist today.

I would have liked to offer something better than using club to have a personalized page for each member allowing if possible to easily see target content without having to navigate to a lot of different page:

- a question answer forum (single member - admin).
- a coaching schedule for a single member
- a file sharing forum (single member - admin)

If we want to quickly offer a personalized user experience of quality, with an ease to view and navigate in the target content for each member, I have no idea of having to use the club method initially built for several members. or else having to create a unique user group for each member.

Maybe there is another method by tinkering with page ...

It is about opening a club for each member in order to facilitate a personalized user experience and not to open a club page with the main purpose on which Clubs were built. This is the same problem as telling someone to create a user group for a single member.

Of course Club will no longer be called clubs but "my private school"

Edited by annadaa

13 minutes ago, Joel R said:

This is already doable in Clubs, especially with their improvements:

• You can create paid clubswhere fans need to pay $$ to access
  • You can add a club calendar for coaching
  • You can download Club Enhancements plugin to add custom widgets to sidebar
  • You can make club forum node to be question and answer
  • You can add custom pages 

What else do you need?  Pretty sure everything you want is 100% available today either in vanilla IPS or in the Club Enhancement.  

Yes I could see that, thank you. Many plugins also allow you to easily display specific content in clubs without being the case in page.

If you're trying to recreate a full LMS (learning management system), my honest recommendation would be to integrate with WordPress, then use a WordPress-based LMS such as LearnDash.  There are several free, best in class systems with lots of options without having to use Invision in a very hacky manner. 

On 1/27/2021 at 8:18 AM, Joel R said:

If you're trying to recreate a full LMS (learning management system), my honest recommendation would be to integrate with WordPress, then use a WordPress-based LMS such as LearnDash.  There are several free, best in class systems with lots of options without having to use Invision in a very hacky manner. 

maxresdefault.jpg

On 1/24/2021 at 9:41 AM, annadaa said:

- schedule for coaching

Hey @annadaa, Jordan here. Very interesting! I like the idea of personalized micro clubs mainly because it's a concept I haven't thought about with Invision, and I like where your head is at. 

Wondering... have you considered doing micro groups instead? Each private Club has ~5 members. If there's coaching involved, perhaps it might be a good idea to allow your clients to form relationships with one another while they're on their journey. Would there be a disadvantage to that? 

Curious, what kind of coaching is it?

On 1/27/2021 at 5:18 PM, Joel R said:

I am using an LMS for invison power which is still in beta today.

Word press is great for writing a sales page with optimiz press or whatever, and why not also for a nice shopping cart page with thrive cart using Zapier.

Surely Thrive cart can be used with IPS once Zapier is available here.

Following my research for learn dash on word press or another LMS like Kajabi, I found that it was possible to do better with IPS and that it would meet better expectations.

This is because IPS has a core that is really centered on members, groups, communities, social, ...

IPS is also cheaper.

to know that learn dash needs a lot of external plugins which can then cause problems during updates.

all that I saw if not on these two cms, it is possible to have them here, to see much more and in better.

except that it is true that they have a mobile application unlike there.

what we really need is to come up with a site with high engagement and course completion rates and not the best design and full of options that concretely bring nothing to the end results.

And I must say that on learn dash or even kajabi learning seems to me quite monotonous, not very lively, ...

So the solution I found is to use a real individual follow-up through the use of coaching accompanied by community learning for those who wish in small classes of 5 students maximum using clubs as mentioned by @Jordan Invision.

What will help create the right groups for clubs, and know who to interact with, are the validation badges. it allows you to easily know the level of each and the profiles are alike

understand better then that my question here is how the student will be able to access and see in front of him on a single page, his coaching, his current courses, his calendar, his points etc.

I find it too complicated and tiring to navigate between lots of menus

9 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

Curious, what kind of coaching is it?

I want to use the kanban method available here "stratagem"