creating responsive tables in CKEditor

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for creating responsive tables in CKEditor?  I'm using the Tables addons to create some FAQs using @HeadStand's wonderful FAQ app, including a simple 2col X 3-4row table.  Works great for anything except the smallest (smartphone) display, and even then it's great if you turn your phone on its side but in default view there's text spilling out of the site area.

Anyone had experience coding responsive elements in CKEditor who might have some insights about creating simple tables which will display on a default vertical smartphone screen?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I looked into this myself before.

There is a pretty awesome ckeditor plugin to make tables more powerful (and beautiful), I'm not sure if it does responsiveness as well, but unfortunately it doesn't work with IPS as doesn't support a required CKEditor plugin. 

Perhaps allowing HTML posting by yourself and just using code is the better solution? Different path, but that's what I think i'll be doing. Not sure if Headstand's plugin supports that...

• 1 year later...

@beats23, be aware that this code contains hard-coded background and text color. This *can* lead to issues with light/dark mode. I would go with native ipsTable class and CKEditor plugin for tables.

Add and edit a table via plugin in your editor and use class="ipsTable ipsTable_responsive ipsTable_zebra"

Edited by Sonya*

6 hours ago, Sonya* said:

@beats23, be aware that this code contains hard-coded background and text color. This *can* lead to issues with light/dark mode. I would go with native ipsTable class and CKEditor plugin for tables.

Add and edit a table via plugin in your editor and use class="ipsTable ipsTable_responsive ipsTable_zebra"

Nice one. Thanks