How remap convertion id's (Xenforo 2 to IPS transfer)

Veilon
Go to solution Solved by CoffeeCake,

Hello!

How can I remap those posts that IPS created when migrating to those that I had on xenforo ?

I expected that after the transfer, all rewrites would work automatically, but unfortunately this did not happen.

As far as I understandย need some php script using data from these tablesย ๐Ÿ‘‡ย for remaped id's

convert_link

convert_link_posts

convert_link_topics

Thank you for help !)

ย 

@Stuart Silvesterย perhaps you already know how to solve this problem ?ย ๐Ÿ˜…

Edited by Veilon

This should work magically. You need to make sure that you select the converters when downloading the IPS files (assuming you're self-hosted). If you follow a link from your Xenforo install, the URL should be automatically rewritten to the correct path in IPS. It will likely have a different ID associated.

No additional scripts are needed, assuming you are installing IPS in the same location as Xenforo. If you've changed the path, you may need to rewrite your URLs and pass them to IPS with the old path.

14 minutes ago, Paul E. said:

This should work magically. You need to make sure that you select the converters when downloading the IPS files (assuming you're self-hosted). If you follow a link from your Xenforo install, the URL should be automatically rewritten to the correct path in IPS. It will likely have a different ID associated.

No additional scripts are needed, assuming you are installing IPS in the same location as Xenforo. If you've changed the path, you may need to rewrite your URLs and pass them to IPS with the old path.

So ID's should automatically remaps at the conversion stage ?

At the moment, the same sections on IPS and Xenforo have different itะฒs (For example: Example theme 1 - Xenforo id 527, Example theme 1 - IPS id 327). I didn't find any rules for the redirect You're talkingย in the system (Furls).ย ๐Ÿ˜…

Edited by Veilon

• Solution

I assume you're talking about making sure that URLs in your Xenforo install will end up redirecting to the correct place in IPS. For example,ย https://example.com/community/threads/how-to-remap-conversion-ids-xenforo-2-to-ips-transfer.123456/. In this case, XF thread ID 123456 will redirect to wherever the thread ended up after your conversion. It might be something completely different like example.com/forums/topic/345678-how-to-remap-conversion-ids-xenforo-2-to-ips-transfer/.

This is handled by the conversion scripts that will be a part of your install, even after the conversion is complete. The logic is hardcoded and not handled by the furl system. See /applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Xenforo.php and look for the checkRedirects() method to see how forum URLs are handled. There are similar methods in core for things like member profiles, etc.

IPS will see the URL pattern that matches Xenforo and automatically redirect to wherever the content ended up post conversion. IDs will likely be different for everything, but as you found in those tables, a one-to-one conversion is stored to do the translations.

1 hour ago, Paul E. said:

I assume you're talking about making sure that URLs in your Xenforo install will end up redirecting to the correct place in IPS. For example,ย https://example.com/community/threads/how-to-remap-conversion-ids-xenforo-2-to-ips-transfer.123456/. In this case, XF thread ID 123456 will redirect to wherever the thread ended up after your conversion. It might be something completely different like example.com/forums/topic/345678-how-to-remap-conversion-ids-xenforo-2-to-ips-transfer/.

This is handled by the conversion scripts that will be a part of your install, even after the conversion is complete. The logic is hardcoded and not handled by the furl system. See /applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Xenforo.php and look for the checkRedirects() method to see how forum URLs are handled. There are similar methods in core for things like member profiles, etc.

IPS will see the URL pattern that matches Xenforo and automatically redirect to wherever the content ended up post conversion. IDs will likely be different for everything, but as you found in those tables, a one-to-one conversion is stored to do the translations.

What's the reason id substitution might not work ?)

ย 

checkRedirects()

This function starts the Converter app ?

14 minutes ago, Rhett said:

As mentioned this is all built in, one key is the software would need to be installed at the same url, can you provide the xf url, and your current one?ย  are they the same?ย ย 

Problem solved, thanks.

In htaccess ,there was no dot at the beginning of theย ๐Ÿ˜…