Automated email series?

BDD

I'd like to set up series of emails (like for onboarding after someone joins up) but I'm not clear on how I can do this via Invision.

Is it possible? If so, how?

If not, how do you do this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Thank you for the suggestions here.

As I mentioned, I'm looking for a SERIES of emails -- do these options allow for a series of emails going to their regular email inbox (not something within the community)?

@Fosters -- How would that work for sending a series of welcome messages to new members?

@DawPi & @Joel R -- Same question -- would that work for sending a series of welcome messages to new members? (And thanks Joel, I realize custom is one route, and I'd seen mention of Automation Rules but if it's not available in the Marketplace how do I get it?)

@Mike John -- Ah, yes, that's in line with what I'm talking about. Although as I said, I was looking for something that would send emails -- but I suppose if they have things set up so that they get notifications, they'll get emails. (And if they have it set up NOT to get notifications, they probably don't WANT emails! 😊) Will you be adding it to the Marketplace? (I'm so new to this space, I'm not sure how things work/my comfort level buying off-site versus on-site.) (Although now that I read your reviews on Auto Welcome, I'm feeling a bit more comfortable. But I probably would prefer to get it on-site here.)

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, BDD said:

@Fosters -- How would that work for sending a series of welcome messages to new members?

You would set up the first action after X days of registration. For example 1 day after the registration you'll send the email "Welcome to XXX, I hope you made yourself familiar with everything..Let me know if you have any further questions"

Another 10 days after registration: "I wanted to check if you're finding everything you need or if you have any follow up questions" and another job would be created for members which are registered for more then 100 days and which haven't logged in for 50 days.

There's really no limit, this can be used for follow up emails, inactivity emails, inactivity group changes, inactivity member deletion, etc...

5 hours ago, Fosters said:

You would set up the first action after X days of registration. For example 1 day after the registration you'll send the email "Welcome to XXX, I hope you made yourself familiar with everything..Let me know if you have any further questions"

Another 10 days after registration: "I wanted to check if you're finding everything you need or if you have any follow up questions" and another job would be created for members which are registered for more then 100 days and which haven't logged in for 50 days.

There's really no limit, this can be used for follow up emails, inactivity emails, inactivity group changes, inactivity member deletion, etc...

@Fosters Thanks. These options are built into the Inactive Members application? You can do something based on X days of registration? I don't see it described like that in the info on that page.

17 hours ago, BDD said:

@Mike John -- Ah, yes, that's in line with what I'm talking about. Although as I said, I was looking for something that would send emails -- but I suppose if they have things set up so that they get notifications, they'll get emails. (And if they have it set up NOT to get notifications, they probably don't WANT emails! 😊) Will you be adding it to the Marketplace? (I'm so new to this space, I'm not sure how things work/my comfort level buying off-site versus on-site.) (Although now that I read your reviews on Auto Welcome, I'm feeling a bit more comfortable. But I probably would prefer to get it on-site here.)

It's based on personal messages so if they've got email notifications enabled for personal messages which should be the default state, they'll get an email as well.

There's a new data storage requirement in the marketplace that affects some of my plugin. Although it doesn't really impact how the plugin works much, I just haven't got around to modifying it yet to upload here.

Archived