IPB Addons for Affiliate links (specially Amazon)

MrUtOpiK

Hello,

I'm looking for a plugin/add-ons. I don't have find

I didn't find my happiness in the MarketPlace, so maybe someone is able to create this for me.

To help me to monetize my IPB forum. I would like that when users create a post with amazon links these links will be changed with my affiliate link.

For example, this feature already exist for other forum engines like Discourse : Source available on Github : https://github.com/discourse/discourse-affiliate Many thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

What I mean is: normally an URL parameter consists of two parts: parameter key and parameter value, like this example.com/index.php?ref=123 Where ref is the key and 123 is the value. You have a Tag. Is tag a key or a value? And if value, how do you determine the key for this? And if it is the key, where do you define a value for this key?

The way you have created this could be used with every affiliate link that uses parameters, not only Amazon. But in this case I have to define key=value pair to search, compare and replace.

42 minutes ago, DawPi said:

Tag - if will be found in the url then it would be replaced. Otherwise it would be added. 🙂

Good. But only Amazon uses “tag=", other services call it “u=”, “refby=“, “partner=”, so it would make sense to make it an option, so it works for more services than Amazon. In the screenshot it looks like this is fixed. 

1 hour ago, Sonya* said:

Ah, well. I thought you've meant having multiple tag parameters in one URL, like example.com/index.php?tag=123&tag=456 

1 hour ago, opentype said:

Good. But only Amazon uses “tag=", other services call it “u=”, “refby=“, “partner=”, so it would make sense to make it an option, so it works for more services than Amazon. In the screenshot it looks like this is fixed. 

screen_0.thumb.png.204788547494383557dad183b10b4163.png

55 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Will this built in in Custom Links or another app?

It's another app. 🙂

55 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

And if there will be two apps, I wish they would work together smoothly as I am going to buy Custom Links next week :rolleyes: And I need both functionality. 

I could check it for you. Send me a PM with your examples (urls, what change to what etc.).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived