Category & Forum System - How To

Bob Snow

I'm trying to create a system of forums for my site.
The default form. It shows 2 drop-down items
1. Browse
2. 2. Activity

I would like to add 2 more Categories as shown between Browser and Activity.
1. Browse
2. Model
3. Subdivision
4. Activity

I then would like to add 2 forums under the category Models
Model
Ranch
SaltBox

I've been playing around getting nowhere, fast. I have a lot more to add to the menu system. I'm just listing what I have so I got a general start as to what I have to do.
Bob Snow

Okay, got to a point where I need help. I have been able to get a forum under what I believe to be a category. That appears in the lower display where people can normally read and respond to the message.
Builder\AXZ Builders
My problem is that it's not showing up in the upper browser bar that is labeled Browser and Activity. I want it to be: Browser Builder Activity. The Builder should act as a drop-down Menu, displaying AXZ Builders...
Bob

4 minutes ago, Bob Snow said:

My problem is that it's not showing up in the upper browser bar that is labeled Browser and Activity.

You mean the main navigation bar of the site?
You would have to go in the menu manager in the ACP to add or move items. 
Keep in mind that the menu manager has certain default items you can link to, like the forum app, which would create a link to the forum index. There is no direct option to pick forum categories or forums. 

15 minutes ago, Bob Snow said:

Okay, got to a point where I need help. I have been able to get a forum under what I believe to be a category. That appears in the lower display where people can normally read and respond to the message.
Builder\AXZ Builders
My problem is that it's not showing up in the upper browser bar that is labeled Browser and Activity. I want it to be: Browser Builder Activity. The Builder should act as a drop-down Menu, displaying AXZ Builders...
Bob

Hi Bob,

If need help i can look at your site i guy that installed your theme from IBTheme if username/password still the same.

Archived