Ban Members From Topics

2 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Hey @Adriano Faria quick question. I had to ban two members from a topic cause they were non-stop fighting. 

One sent me this message which brings up an interesting point:

Is this possible - to stop sending them notifications from that post after they're banned? No worries if not. Just curious. 

Hello,

The "follow" from the topic is removed when a user is banned so they won't receive further notifications.

• 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria Why your application effect other forums that members from group B has no access to a specific forum, yet that group they are not banned they just has no permission to see or read the forums.

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: BAN FROM TOPICS - VIEW TOPIC/2

Can this be fixed ?

ops I posted it at the wrong topic.

Edited by Afrodude
4 hours ago, Afrodude said:

@Adriano Faria Why your application effect other forums that members from group B has no access to a specific forum, yet that group they are not banned they just has no permission to see or read the forums.

Can this be fixed ?

ops I posted it at the wrong topic.

Can’t reproduce. Tested it yesterday, as you can see in the post above. We’re using 4.2.2. What version are you using?

16 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Ok. Which version? 4.4? 4.5?

Both. I just tested on the stable version 4.5 same message. 

Look what I have done. 

On any forum remove the permissions for any group you want to test on. Then go to "Custom No Permission Error" Type down whatever you want as an error message. Create a topic then copy the topic link to see what error message you will see.

Without the application members have to see the custom error message, yet whenever you activate this application it effects that custom error message which it should not because application error message it should appear to the banned members from that topic only. 

Edited by Afrodude
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 5:20 AM, Adriano Faria said:

I didn’t see the code yet but I probably know what it is. We can only hook at the beginning or at the end (the return) of a function that’s inside a controller, so my check is happening before the core one.

I’ll take a look to see what can be done.

Any news about this? 

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

No. I’m not releasing new versions unless it crashes your site and makes it unusable, which isn’t the case.I had to update a ton of resource and I’m still doing it.

Nothing is cashing in here, and it just keep misleading the members because they don't see the "No Permission error". All what I asked if you've looked at it yet, and you could simply just say this "I’ll take a look up to/during the weekend." No rush in order to keep the good work.

Edited by Afrodude
On 8/27/2020 at 7:30 AM, Adriano Faria said:

A new version is submitted. Now it's just wait for IPS marketplace moderators to review it and make it pubic.

It has been 24 hours since you said this, and just a question would it take a 24hours to IPS Marketplace to review it or more?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria 

Whenever banned from topic has more than one page each time I try to press next or any page number but the first page I get this error.

Sorry, there is a problem

The CSRF protection key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.
Error code: 2S119/1

This error on all themes.  

@Adriano Faria Just a question:

My question: Whenever you merge two topics, and one of these topics has some banned members. Should it merger the banned list to the new topic or no? 

If the answer is no I wish if you can add this to new future update as well for banned from forums. If the answer yes then it's doesn't merge anything and banned members list is gone after merging two topics.

Edited by Afrodude
  • 4 months later...

@Adriano Faria a new request please whenever you have time. On a huge communities you might have 2 to 5 pages banned members from a topic, and it would be nice if you add a search capability on the banned members list to search banned members on that list. It will be a a great feature, and will be very useful for whoever has a huge list of banned members. Thanks

Screenshot_7.thumb.png.4ad892387b44e04afa44a4d4743729bc.png

Maybe under the View Banned Members bold title. 

Edited by Afrodude
  • 2 months later...