Ban Members From Topics

• 4 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria New version seems to have issue with below error message:

image.png.d7d4b52d4eb60add9b2ddcfd465ea479.png

[Thu Aug 19 19:19:51.005151 2021] [php7:error] [pid 26554] [client 185.191.171.6:33288] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot make non static method IPS\\Theme\\Cache\\class_core_front_system::searchResult() static in class IPS\\Theme\\Cache\\banfromtopics_hook_bftSearch in /home/xxxxx/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 20

I tried clear cache and all but nothing worked. Is it application issue or theme related? Can you please check and help? 

Edited by AlexJ

Thank you Adriano for your great work everywhere not just on this application. 

I do have some feature suggestions: 

Add option for more than one type of ban. Now the only ban option is to completely ban from accessing the topic, and I suggestion to have three type of bans:

1. The normal complete ban not accessing the the topic.
  2. Restrict from posting content. Can view the topic, but can't reply.
  3. Moderate Content. Can see and post on the topic, yet the content will need a staff approval.

It would be nice if we have those features with this great application.  

4 minutes ago, Afrodude said:

Thank you Adriano for your great work everywhere not just on this application. 

I do have some feature suggestions: 

Add option for more than one type of ban. Now the only ban option is to completely ban from accessing the topic, and I suggestion to have three type of bans:

1. The normal complete ban not accessing the the topic.
  2. Restrict from posting content. Can view the topic, but can't reply.
  3. Moderate Content. Can see and post on the topic, yet the content will need a staff approval.

It would be nice if we have those features with this great application.  

I like your suggestions. Since people can continue to read the topic by simply logging off or using another account, allowing people read-only access to the topic would be nice. And I also like the idea of putting someone on moderation preview for a single topic rather than banning them entirely from the topic.  I'd probably use that option first if it was available, depending on the circumstances of the individual's post or posts in said topic.

..Al

2 hours ago, AtariAge said:

I like your suggestions. Since people can continue to read the topic by simply logging off or using another account, allowing people read-only access to the topic would be nice. And I also like the idea of putting someone on moderation preview for a single topic rather than banning them entirely from the topic.  I'd probably use that option first if it was available, depending on the circumstances of the individual's post or posts in said topic.

Yes. Specially I have some members they get themselves into a fight because of a political news topic. 😪

• 3 months later...

[[Template banfromtopics/front/embed/bftGlobalEmbed is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In a forum post that contains the link to a blog post. It only happens if you are logged in as a member. It does not appear to guests and administrators.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @Adriano Faria I can't update to the new version you've recently released. 

The MarketPlace keeps giving me this error.

1964758315_errorupgrade..png.6ce53931f6da66e019117d98074cdf2c.png

I already contacted the IPS staff, and they reply:

Hello,

You would need to contact the author of that application in the first instance, as this is a 3rd party item.
--
Marc Stridgen
Invision Community Support

Thank you in advanced. 

14 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You should be contacted via support ticket about a server permission. 👍

Yes, they did, and I have replied back. I have all server permissions to all folders right, yet the only application I can't update is this. Let see what IPS staff can do.