Help with error code 4S109/5

mutley

When attempting to upgrade from 4.3.6 to 4.1 I get this message, the system then gets stuck asking me to complete the upgrade, the only way out is to restore from back up.

Any ideas? Never had a problem with the upgrade tool before, even when upgrading from v3 to v4 😕

1758090396_forumerror.thumb.jpg.e645c4b175485e643303b6d7f09000de.jpg

1 hour ago, mutley said:

When attempting to upgrade from 4.3.6 to 4.1 I get this message, the system then gets stuck asking me to complete the upgrade, the only way out is to restore from back up.

Any ideas? Never had a problem with the upgrade tool before, even when upgrading from v3 to v4 😕

1758090396_forumerror.thumb.jpg.e645c4b175485e643303b6d7f09000de.jpg

This is a server issue that your web host / server administrator will need to solve.

21 hours ago, Black Tiger said:

Just to be sure. Are you running php 7.1 or higher?

Hi - Yes 7.1.26

21 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

This is a server issue that your web host / server administrator will need to solve.

Thanks for the response, but what do I tell them? what does 4S109/5 mean? Could it have anything to do with this message? I need to address these too.

147930712_phpfunction.thumb.jpg.b9ada19bf82759d305f83048da3a795b.jpg

Thx

The error code won't mean anything to your host - it's a reference for our support systems so we can find where the issue has occurred at the code level.

The issue is that PHP sessions are not working properly. This could be because the folder sessions get stored in is full, or is not writable by your webserver user (perhaps they have openbasedir restrictions enabled). Ultimately only your host can assist in figuring out why default php sessions are not working (note that we use actual default php session handling for the upgrader - we do not override it like we do with the AdminCP and front end normally).

The last message is a recommendation that you would need to pass on to your host to disable those functions. It is not a requirement and will cause no problems if you don't follow it.

2 hours ago, mutley said:

Thanks @bfarber, I tracked the problem down to the php session save directory quoted in the php.ini not existing on my server. Never had that before. 😐 

Perhaps PHP was upgraded to support Invision Community 4.4, and subsequently a new php.ini file was put in place. Either way, I'm glad to hear you sorted out the issue. 🙂

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, media said:

After getting this 4S109/5, can I go back and cancel the upgrade until my host fix the problem. they are little slow to answer and I do not want my website stays DOWN at this time???

At this point, no changes to the database have occurred, so placing the files for the previous version back in place is essentially "cancelling" the upgrade.

8 hours ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

At this point, no changes to the database have occurred, so placing the files for the previous version back in place is essentially "cancelling" the upgrade.

Looks like something else happened

<?php exit; ?>

Wed, 24 Apr 2019 13:07:22 +0000
Exception::0
Could not list the files in the zip
#0 /home/media/public_html/forum/admin/upgrade/extract.php(435): Extractor->extract(0)
#1 {main}

What should I do?  I need to go back and cancel the whole upgrade. I do not think anything uploaded to the server????

Ok figured it out...

Looks like it did not extract the package and jump to that error message... It was hard to figure out. 

I reupload the package manually and run the upgrader that fixed the problem...

Suggestion: If the auto updater could not extract the zip, it should not jump to next screen and lock the website... that was really hard to figure out what the problem is....

Anyway all good right now...

Archived