Error durring 4.4 upgrade

Droidz

Hello,

I get error:

chrome_2019-02-26_11-23-15.thumb.png.9e314f3f99f190e3f475ccb03f2847a7.png

Column 'perm_type' cannot be null 
/home/sites/wrobot/site/www/applications/cms/setup/upg_104000/upgrade.php::34
UPDATE `ips_core_permission_index` core_permission_index  SET perm_type=CONCAT( perm_type, '_', (SELECT category_database_id FROM `ips_cms_database_categories` AS `cms_database_categories` WHERE category_id=perm_type_id) ) WHERE app=? AND perm_type=? 

Has anyone encountered the same problem? A trick?

Thank you

UPDATE `ips_core_permission_index` core_permission_index  SET perm_type=CONCAT( perm_type, '_', (SELECT category_database_id FROM `ips_cms_database_categories` AS `cms_database_categories` WHERE category_id=perm_type_id) ) WHERE app=? AND perm_type=?  

If you know how, run this SQL command in your database.
If not, create ticket support in your client area

For anybody else wanting to use the MySQL command... it's missing a ; at the end.

So the correct one should read:

UPDATE `ips_core_permission_index` core_permission_index SET perm_type=CONCAT( perm_type, '_', (SELECT category_database_id FROM `ips_cms_database_categories` AS `cms_database_categories` WHERE category_id=perm_type_id) ) WHERE app=? AND perm_type=?;

22 hours ago, Black Tiger said:

For anybody else wanting to use the MySQL command... it's missing a ; at the end.

So the correct one should read:

UPDATE `ips_core_permission_index` core_permission_index SET perm_type=CONCAT( perm_type, '_', (SELECT category_database_id FROM `ips_cms_database_categories` AS `cms_database_categories` WHERE category_id=perm_type_id) ) WHERE app=? AND perm_type=?;

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Firstly, the query posted here is broken (it has ? placeholders for prepared statement values). Secondly, the error itself arises with specific orphaned data that will need to be cleaned up in order to be able to run the query.

We have resolved the issue for our next release, but in the mean time you will need to submit a ticket to proceed most likely.

You probably have the same issue as I'm having, which is that it's weekend and then nothing much is happening. 😞
They're very busy with responding to tickets with the new 4.4 coming out and I even discovered a new bug in the convertor (next to two other bugs I found)... One of them is fixed now, but the others not, so still can't convert and start using IPS.

I hope for the both of us hey have a bit more time this week.

4 hours ago, Black Tiger said:

You probably have the same issue as I'm having, which is that it's weekend and then nothing much is happening. 😞
They're very busy with responding to tickets with the new 4.4 coming out and I even discovered a new bug in the convertor (next to two other bugs I found)... One of them is fixed now, but the others not, so still can't convert and start using IPS.

I hope for the both of us hey have a bit more time this week.

We're always around, if it helps, there have been over 100 replies to tickets today alone, while support is often slower on the weekends, we have some great staff that recognize the need during release periods and really care about our customers, and do spend some weekend time assisting customers who like to break things during the weekend.  We all, of course, recommend you do this during the week for a much faster response time though.  😛  

On 2/27/2019 at 5:58 AM, bfarber said:

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Firstly, the query posted here is broken (it has ? placeholders for prepared statement values). Secondly, the error itself arises with specific orphaned data that will need to be cleaned up in order to be able to run the query.

We have resolved the issue for our next release, but in the mean time you will need to submit a ticket to proceed most likely.

^^

Just now, Maksim said:

what was the cause of this error?  Conversion? or regular upgrade?  How likely is someone to see it?  Thanks.

(and this is partly why you wait for following releases. =P)

and do spend some weekend time assisting customers who like to break things during the weekend.

Ah I'm sorry. I did not see any answer in a weekend a bit before the 4.4 release, when I found a bug in Commerce for somebody else, so hence my thought support ticket staff were closed during the weekend. 😉

Archived