Clear Display Name History

dificultx

Hello!

Is there any chance for implementing of a new option for clearing display name history in IPS?

The other way around called Prune Member History is not very good since some people only want to clear Display name history explicitly.

I was told by staff member Rhett Buck to post here this suggestion.

Thank you!

This was an option in 4.2 that was removed in 4.3 and I'm not sure why.  They also removed the ability to view the display name history from the member's ACP profile as well.  Both of these features were very useful for my community and would love to see them implemented back.

We would use the option to clear name change histories when rebuilding accounts that existed before we switched to IPB, and now we can no longer do that, which leads to some very messy history lists.

There was a third party plugin to allow a moderator to view the name history on the 'front end' although I've not searched for it as I write this. Regarding name history well you could use a query to do that I suppose if you needed to, however I can see why you'd possibly want an option for it, although I feel if it did appear it should be in the ACP rather than 'doable' on the profile page itself.

7 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

Never really noticed they removed this from the ACP side with 4.3

DIsplay name history can be viewed in the ACP in 4.3.x still - the 'All recent account activity' has a filter option on it (to the right) which will give various options (and before someone says they don't see it......try viewing it on an account that has had at least one display name change 😉 )

image.thumb.png.155a3bb27005602f2dbf627bc6347eb3.png

"Clear display name history' is definitely not there though in 4.3.x, whereas it was in 4.2.x

'Display name history' is also available in the front-end natively on the profile:

image.thumb.png.c101b9cd0a169c5610f2740047bcc88e.png

18 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

PS: @Daniel F either your don't bother me weekend strategy is working spectacularly or you need to clear out your inbox (you can't receive PM's) 🙂

Offtopic;)
But yea, it's intentional that my messenger is disabled.
If you need anything, please use the proper channel and either use the report feature if you need any moderation assistance with one of your files, submit a ticket or use one of the forums ( Contributor Chat,  Development Assistance or IPS Development Gateway to get in touch with us.

• 3 months later...

Hello!

Is there any chance to have a reply from a Community Administrator here, on IPS Community?

Would you implement the option requested in the future updates of this platform?

As I said above:

Is there any chance for implementing of a new option for clearing display name history in IPS?

We explicitly want a direct option for clearing history for members names. We don't prefer "Prune Member History".

Thank you!

I'm afraid we don't really have the ability to directly reply to every suggestion posited and give a thumbs up or a thumbs down, especially in between release cycles.

Your suggestion will be taken into consideration for a future release, based on client demand.

Archived