Jump to content
You're invited! Join our 4.6 Live Event on ZOOM 6/24 ×

Community

Pay to Pin Topics


Adriano Faria
 Share

Recommended Posts

About This File

This application will help admins to monetize their boards by allowing users to pay to have topics pinned for a given number of days. Admin can allow topics to be pinned per forum and per group settings.

- Requirement:

- Per forum settings:

  • Enabled
  • Groups allowed to pay to pin topics
  • Amounts
    • Amount to pin for 7 days
    • Amount to pin for 15 days
    • Amount to pin for 1 month
    • Amount to pin for 2 months
    • Amount to pin for 3 months
    • Amount to pin for 6 month

More:

 

Edited by Adriano Faria
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I interest in purchase this application, I have some ideas need to be confirmed. 

1. Can add place option? Example, by 10 days, first place of pin list 15.00, second place of pin list 10.00, third place of pin list 5.00 etc. 

2. When purchase for pin topic, I suppose buyer is who started the topic, is possible after purchase, give some moderation actions automatically to the owner of the topic?

Actions:

A. The owner can set the topic not available for reply, because they only use the topic for publication of products purpose, obviously can set yes too. If someone pay for this topic, obviously should let him block others members use the same topic as advertising purposes. Right point? 

B. The owner can set all replies by default hidden and need unhide action if want public some posts. This feature convert the topic at the same time as support purpose. Good point? 

IF the owner have the Moderation permission, because he bought it, he can use the same topic for same purpose all the time, and can buy pin service all the time, he don't need open a new topic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, kmk said:

Hi, I interest in purchase this application, I have some ideas need to be confirmed. 

1. Can add place option? Example, by 10 days, first place of pin list 15.00, second place of pin list 10.00, third place of pin list 5.00 etc. 

2. When purchase for pin topic, I suppose buyer is who started the topic, is possible after purchase, give some moderation actions automatically to the owner of the topic?

Actions:

A. The owner can set the topic not available for reply, because they only use the topic for publication of products purpose, obviously can set yes too. If someone pay for this topic, obviously should let him block others members use the same topic as advertising purposes. Right point? 

B. The owner can set all replies by default hidden and need unhide action if want public some posts. This feature convert the topic at the same time as support purpose. Good point? 

IF the owner have the Moderation permission, because he bought it, he can use the same topic for same purpose all the time, and can buy pin service all the time, he don't need open a new topic. 

This isn’t for you, sorry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm very interested in this.

Is there a way to set a limit to how many topics can be pinned in each forum section automatically?  Let's say I only want 5 topics pinned at a time in Forum A and there's already 5 topics pinned.  If someone attempts to purchase a pin in Forum A, the options will be grayed out.  Is this doable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2019 at 3:05 AM, Adriano Faria said:

No, no limit currently. 

Alright, I'll just leave that here as a possible feature request.

I'm still interested in buying this, but I'll hold off until 4.4 releases before I add new things to our site. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
24 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Ok. I’ll release a version tomorrow in the morning to fix it. Disable the app in the meantime. 

ok i have disabled app but still i cant register new member. i think ill have to wait for the update i guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Maxtor, the error is because you still have columns from this app for IP.Board 3.4. The current version uses its own table to store data.

First, take a look in ACP -> System -> Applications -> Out of date applications. If this app shows there, click to remove/uninstall (not sure if this will drop these columns). Otherwise, you will have to access your database via PHPMyAdmin and drop the following columns:

- forums table:

  • paytopintopics_onoff
  • paytopintopics_grupos
  • paytopintopics_amount_sete
  • paytopintopics_amount_quinze
  • paytopintopics_amount_trinta
  • paytopintopics_amount_sessenta
  • paytopintopics_amount_noventa

- members table:

  • paytopintopics_cantpin
  • paytopintopics_tids

- groups table

  • g_paytopintopics_r_posts
  • g_paytopintopics_r_reps
  • g_paytopintopics_r_days

- topics tlable:

  • paytopintopics_date
  • paytopintopics_pinnedby

 

Let me know if you need help to drop them. You will have to send database credentials (URL, user and password) via PM.

Edited by Adriano Faria
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

@Maxtor, the error is because you still have columns from this app for IP.Board 3.4. The current version uses its own table to store data.

First, take a look in ACP -> System -> Applications -> Out of date applications. If this app shows there, click to remove/uninstall (not sure if this will drop these columns). Otherwise, you will have to access your database via PHPMyAdmin and drop the following columns:

- forums table:

  • paytopintopics_onoff
  • paytopintopics_grupos
  • paytopintopics_amount_sete
  • paytopintopics_amount_quinze
  • paytopintopics_amount_trinta
  • paytopintopics_amount_sessenta
  • paytopintopics_amount_noventa

- members table:

  • paytopintopics_cantpin
  • paytopintopics_tids

- groups table

  • g_paytopintopics_r_posts
  • g_paytopintopics_r_reps
  • g_paytopintopics_r_days

- topics tlable:

  • paytopintopics_date
  • paytopintopics_pinnedby

 

Let me know if you need help to drop them. You will have to send database credentials (URL, user and password) via PM.

@Adriano Faria if I drop these tables manually it will affect new "pay to pin" mod too or settings? because I have already customers running now.

Edited by Maxtor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maxtor said:

@Adriano Faria if I drop these tables manually it will affect new "pay to pin" mod too or settings? because I have already customers running now.

If you drop only these above, no. They belong to the IP.Board 3.4 version. Do it carefully because there are columns from new version in some of these tables. 

10 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Let me know if you need help to drop them. You will have to send database credentials (URL, user and password) via PM.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

If you decide to add the limit on the number of pins per forum, I'll purchase this mod.  :smile:

In my particular situation, my members would dominate the first page of a forum with pins if there wasn't something to limit the amount of pins.

In addition, limiting the number of pins creates competition if the pin spots were all taken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@Adriano Faria I was thinking about getting this on your black Friday deal.  Any chance getting a setting to limit the number of pins per forum?  Right now, the way it is, certain forums on my site I'll have members pinning 20 topics and then people will complain that there is an entire page of pinned topics.  Just checking if this was something you'd want to add to this app or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2019 at 5:06 AM, ahc said:

I'm very interested in this.

Is there a way to set a limit to how many topics can be pinned in each forum section automatically?  Let's say I only want 5 topics pinned at a time in Forum A and there's already 5 topics pinned.  If someone attempts to purchase a pin in Forum A, the options will be grayed out.  Is this doable?

 

3 hours ago, Bluto said:

@Adriano Faria I was thinking about getting this on your black Friday deal.  Any chance getting a setting to limit the number of pins per forum?  Right now, the way it is, certain forums on my site I'll have members pinning 20 topics and then people will complain that there is an entire page of pinned topics.  Just checking if this was something you'd want to add to this app or not?

@ahc and @Bluto, I can add a global setting that will affect all forums, not a per forum option.

Let me know if that helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy