Pay to Pin Topics

On 11/12/2019 at 4:26 AM, Adriano Faria said:

@ahc and @Bluto, I can add a global setting that will affect all forums, not a per forum option.

Let me know if that helps. 

On 11/12/2019 at 6:32 AM, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.0.2:

• Added new setting to control how many topics can be pinned in forums (default to NO LIMIT).

x4K7HIx.png

YES!!!!

When I am home and on my PC I’ll purchase this!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I am trying to update the package after the upgrade to 4.5.4 and getting a 500 error during the update.

Here is info from the System Logs

Error (1060) Duplicate column name 'ptpt_forum_restriction_nr': addColumn ["forums_forums",{"name":"ptpt_forum_restriction_nr","type":"smallint","length":5,"unsigned":true,"allow_null":false,"default":0}]
Error (1050) Table 'paytopintopics_forums' already exists: createTable [{"name":"paytopintopics_forums","columns":{"ptpt_forum_id":{"name":"ptpt_forum_id","type":"SMALLINT","length":"20","decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":false,"default":null,"comment":"ID Number","unsigned":true,"auto_increment":false},"ptpt_onoff":{"name":"ptpt_onoff","type":"TINYINT","length":null,"decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":false,"default":"0","comment":"","unsigned":true,"auto_increment":false},"ptpt_groups":{"name":"ptpt_groups","type":"TEXT","length":null,"decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":true,"default":null,"comment":"","unsigned":false,"auto_increment":false},"ptpt_amount_seven":{"name":"ptpt_amount_seven","type":"TEXT","length":null,"decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":true,"default":null,"comment":"","unsigned":false,"auto_increment":false},"ptpt_amount_fifteen":{"name":"ptpt_amount_fifteen","type":"TEXT","length":null,"decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":true,"default":null,"comment":"","unsigned":false,"auto_increment":false},"ptpt_amount_thirty":{"name":"ptpt_amount_thirty","type":"TEXT","length":null,"decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":true,"default":null,"comment":"","unsigned":false,"auto_increment":false},"ptpt_amount_sixty":{"name":"ptpt_amount_sixty","type":"TEXT","length":null,"decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":true,"default":null,"comment":"","unsigned":false,"auto_increment":false},"ptpt_amount_ninety":{"name":"ptpt_amount_ninety","type":"TEXT","length":null,"decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":true,"default":null,"comment":"","unsigned":false,"auto_increment":false},"ptpt_amount_h_eighty":{"name":"ptpt_amount_h_eighty","type":"TEXT","length":null,"decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":true,"default":null,"comment":"","unsigned":false,"auto_increment":false},"ptpt_forum_restriction_nr":{"name":"ptpt_forum_restriction_nr","type":"SMALLINT","length":null,"decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":false,"default":"0","comment":"","unsigned":true,"auto_increment":false}},"indexes":{"PRIMARY":{"type":"primary","name":"PRIMARY","columns":["ptpt_forum_id"],"length":[null]}}}]

Error (1050) Table 'paytopintopics_members' already exists: createTable [{"name":"paytopintopics_members","columns":{"member_id":{"name":"member_id","type":"BIGINT","length":"20","decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":false,"default":"0","comment":"ID Number","unsigned":true,"auto_increment":false},"ptpt_can_pin":{"name":"ptpt_can_pin","type":"TINYINT","length":null,"decimals":null,"values":null,"allow_null":false,"default":"1","comment":"","unsigned":true,"auto_increment":false}},"indexes":{"PRIMARY":{"type":"primary","name":"PRIMARY","columns":["member_id"],"length":[null]}}}]

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,

Steve K.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Adriano Faria I have just installed this app again its been a while, however looks like it installed properly the pin settings are set with the amount for each and the groups have the permissions to use, when i look at the forum permissions i do not see pay to pin topics listed, i did delete and run the install and setup again but still no luck.

See screen shot, from what i can remember once this was installed it would show in each forum permission but i could be wrong.

Thanks in advance

Capture.PNG

5 hours ago, Noble~ said:

Hi @Adriano Faria I have just installed this app again its been a while, however looks like it installed properly the pin settings are set with the amount for each and the groups have the permissions to use, when i look at the forum permissions i do not see pay to pin topics listed, i did delete and run the install and setup again but still no luck.

See screen shot, from what i can remember once this was installed it would show in each forum permission but i could be wrong.

Thanks in advance

Capture.PNG

Hello,

No, it doesn’t show there.  It will show on a new tab when you edit the the forum:

Screenshot2.png.04e1af1f089a235740c6d3dc

• 4 months later...

Quick report,

With this enabled, we can't merge member accounts.  We receive an error halfway through and some information will have been merged while some won't, and both accounts will still exist with duplicated information.

Merging works fine when we temporarily disable it.

Just now, ahc said:

Quick report,

With this enabled, we can't merge member accounts.  We receive an error halfway through and some information will have been merged while some won't, and both accounts will still exist with duplicated information.

Merging works fine when we temporarily disable it.

Thanks, I know what it is. Will submit a fix. 👍

• 1 month later...

I am really interested in this option as I think this is a great tool for marketing - but does it work for Clubs? I would like to be able to pin information/posts that are made in various Clubs onto the Clubs Directory Page - not in Forums? 

If that isn't possible, I will have to go rethink my strategy... just need to know what is possible.

Thanks a lot, in advance!

May have found a bug, but not sure.

We started getting support tickets from members saying the button wasn't showing up in their topic, even when the max limit hadn't been reached. I looked into it and I noticed that they all had expired invoices for the topics they were attempting to pin. The system was still behaving as if they had a pending invoice to pay, preventing them or anyone else from being able to pin the topic.

Is this intended behavior? The only way I can fix this and have the button show back up in the effected topics is to go through and manually cancel the expired invoices, but I wouldn't think that would be necessary since it wasn't pending anymore?  We regularly clear out our expired invoices through a query, so I'd hate to accidentally delete an expired invoice for a pin and cause that topic to never be able to be pinned in the future.

Thanks!

Edited by ahc
13 hours ago, ahc said:

May have found a bug, but not sure.

We started getting support tickets from members saying the button wasn't showing up in their topic, even when the max limit hadn't been reached. I looked into it and I noticed that they all had expired invoices for the topics they were attempting to pin. The system was still behaving as if they had a pending invoice to pay, preventing them or anyone else from being able to pin the topic.

Is this intended behavior? The only way I can fix this and have the button show back up in the effected topics is to go through and manually cancel the expired invoices, but I wouldn't think that would be necessary since it wasn't pending anymore?  We regularly clear out our expired invoices through a query, so I'd hate to accidentally delete an expired invoice for a pin and cause that topic to never be able to be pinned in the future.

Thanks!

Hello,

Not a bug. There's a setting in Commerce when you set a period of time to expire an invoice. Default is 30 days,, if I recall.

When it expires or you delete/cancel, it will make the topic be available again. This is necessary to guarantee that the same topic isn't requested to be pinned more than once by different members.

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Hello,

Not a bug. There's a setting in Commerce when you set a period of time to expire an invoice. Default is 30 days,, if I recall.

When it expires or you delete/cancel, it will make the topic be available again. This is necessary to guarantee that the same topic isn't requested to be pinned more than once by different members.

Yes I understand. I have it set to expire after a week of non-payment.

The issue I came across is that even after the invoice expires. The topic isn’t made available again as if the invoice is still pending. I checked I think it was 4 topics yesterday that were having the issue and I confirmed that the button was indeed not showing in the topic despite the invoices being expired. 

If I edit the expired invoices and change them to cancelled, the button does appear again and a pin can be purchased for it, but only when I make the manual change. Leaving it as expired for some reason is not allowing it to be pinned anymore. Deleting the expired invoice doesn’t make the button reappear either, only when it’s changed to cancelled. 

I’m not sure how long it’s been behaving this way. Most of those who brought it to our attention just assumed the limit was maxed out when the button never returned. 

20 hours ago, ahc said:

If I edit the expired invoices and change them to cancelled, the button does appear again and a pin can be purchased for it, but only when I make the manual change. Leaving it as expired for some reason is not allowing it to be pinned anymore. Deleting the expired invoice doesn’t make the button reappear either, only when it’s changed to cancelled. 

The topic will be made available again when the invoice is expired, cancelled or deleted. The 3 methods uses the same script so if it works for one, should work for the others.

I'll test it out in a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 9:05 AM, Adriano Faria said:

The topic will be made available again when the invoice is expired, cancelled or deleted. The 3 methods uses the same script so if it works for one, should work for the others.

I'll test it out in a couple of days.

Hey there!  Not here to rush, just wanted to say that I ran into another user having the same problem.  The invoice expired, but no one can pin the shop still.  The button doesn't appear even for staff.  Since we remove expired invoices periodically, there's no invoice for me to go in and change from expired to cancelled to make the button show back up, so this topic is now sitting in limbo and the owner is wanting to get it pinned, but we can't make an invoice for it.

550815c143a79f6dd33d71d556b6fda3.png

51ca309b44801e1e7c0a7f1a75d6089e.png

Disabling and reenabling the app doesn't fix it either.  Seems like the only way I'd be able to pin it is if I do it manually through the ACP which isn't ideal since it doesn't create an invoice to be paid.  If worst case scenario I have to do a fresh install, I can do that, but I'm not sure if this would prevent it from happening again.  Sorry again for the bother!! 

15 minutes ago, ahc said:

Hey there!  Not here to rush, just wanted to say that I ran into another user having the same problem.  The invoice expired, but no one can pin the shop still.  The button doesn't appear even for staff.  Since we remove expired invoices periodically, there's no invoice for me to go in and change from expired to cancelled to make the button show back up, so this topic is now sitting in limbo and the owner is wanting to get it pinned, but we can't make an invoice for it.

550815c143a79f6dd33d71d556b6fda3.png

51ca309b44801e1e7c0a7f1a75d6089e.png

Disabling and reenabling the app doesn't fix it either.  Seems like the only way I'd be able to pin it is if I do it manually through the ACP which isn't ideal since it doesn't create an invoice to be paid.  If worst case scenario I have to do a fresh install, I can do that, but I'm not sure if this would prevent it from happening again.  Sorry again for the bother!! 

I just installed and I’m testing on my board. Invoice will expire in 24hs. I’ll let you know how it goes and will release a fix if necessary. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 7:00 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I just installed and I’m testing on my board. Invoice will expire in 24hs. I’ll let you know how it goes and will release a fix if necessary. 

Hey Adriano, any update?

On 8/2/2021 at 4:54 AM, Adriano Faria said:

The topic I pinned it’s now unpinned. I’ll check the app logs but it seems ok.

Any log in your board?

Er, I'm not sure if a log would be present for my specific issue?  It's just about the button not reappearing when an invoice expires.

Edited by ahc