Holiday Closures ×

Community

H5K

Double-posting should NOT be a thing

It's 2018 and IPS stillI has an issue with double-posting?

C'mon guys.

Double posting is when a user posts a topic and clicks submit more than once and it posts the topic multiple times.

Thanks

It's all in your control... for instance, you can use this setting to prevent this.  Typically I have only seen this happen on slower hosting setups where posting is slow, so they click submit again thinking it didn't go through. This setting/restriction below will prevent this in that case. 

Posting_2018-10-03_20-23-20.jpg

9 hours ago, Rhett said:

It's all in your control... for instance, you can use this setting to prevent this.  Typically I have only seen this happen on slower hosting setups where posting is slow, so they click submit again thinking it didn't go through. This setting/restriction below will prevent this in that case. 

Posting_2018-10-03_20-23-20.jpg

I have this on and I still get doubles posts from users.

Both the new topic and submit reply buttons should disable after clicking. That plugin looks to be rather old and may not work for 4.3 but that is irrelevant. If you are seeing this issue, please submit a ticket 🙂