How to link to profile edit...

Mopar1973Man

I need to be able to link to the profile edit. We would like to use it registration page for the product. So if the member disabled the profile completion then its no longer comes back. Now I would like to add a tab at the top "Register your product". I need to be able to bring the member back to edit his/her profile page again. Like I demo'ed the idea and the dismissed the profile completion now I can't get it to start back up. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why? If you're putting this in a block you have access to the currently logged in member object. Getting their profile URL is just a function call away, then append the 'edit/' to it...

Give a little context of what you're doing and why you need a member agnostic URL for profile edit.

I also don't get where exactly you want to display it.

{{$currentMember = \IPS\Member::loggedIn();}}
{{if $currentMember->member_id }}
<a href='{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&do=edit&id={$currentMember->member_id}" base="front" seoTemplate="edit_profile" seoTitle="$currentMember->members_seo_name"}'>edit profile</a>

// or before somebody complains, this would too;) 
<a href='{$currentMember->url()->setQueryString("do", "edit")}'}>edit profile</a>
   {{endif}}

will create a link to the edit profile page ?

If some cancels out of the profile setup I'm trying to get them go back and finish filling in there profile. I one site I manage we use the member's profile for capturing product details, warranty information. So if they opt to cancel out how do you get them back to their profile to finish filling in the details? So I would like to have placed in the navbar and possibly as free link I can toss in a sidebar. "register your product here" type of thing.

Archived