Gallery 4.3.3 - not resize big size photo

TVplaneta

I may be wrong about this, because I've never really tried to do this on my forums, but I don't think you can specify the maximum size of an uploaded image in terms of pixels (say 1280x1280), you can only restrict the size of files in terms of KB in the group permissions for Gallery. You can specify the maximum image size to save for posts, but I don't think that affects Gallery.

What you may have changed is the thumbnail size (IPS has settings for small and large downsampled images). The pixel dimensions controls the intermediate picture sizes, but the full-sized original remains available.

Checking my own galleries, the small and large images are restrained to the pixel limits I set, but the full size images are still available.

If you're saying that the small or large intermediate images aren't the right size, then try rebuilding your gallery images. I think it can be triggered from the ACP by going to Posting -> General tab and then click on the little "rebuild existing images" link there.

On 6/19/2018 at 6:21 AM, PacmanDo said:

There is some kind of bug in the new version as our forums are now messed up with pics too big and text micro-sized on mobile.

This just recently occurred after the upgrade.

Because they added this code to css:

.cPost div[data-role="commentContent"] img.ipsImage_thumbnailed {
  max-width: Xpx;
  max-height: Ypx;
}

Xpx, Ypx — values from the "Maximum image dimensions to display" settings in ACP. This is strange and doesn't make sense.

You can fix this in custom.css:

.cPost div[data-role="commentContent"] img.ipsImage_thumbnailed {
  max-width: 100%;
}

11 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you go to system>support>support, select "something isn't working correctly" and click next, you will see patches available for this issue.

patched

but in gallery file is archived in BIG format (more pixel...)... not smaller to set in settings as Large

We intentionally retain the original uploaded image in Gallery - it is a Gallery after all and often the full original image is needed. This is not a bug.

We display either the small or large thumbnail throughout the suite except in a few very very select locations, so large images shouldn't really be a problem here.

On 6/21/2018 at 6:00 PM, bfarber said:

We intentionally retain the original uploaded image in Gallery - it is a Gallery after all and often the full original image is needed. This is not a bug.

We display either the small or large thumbnail throughout the suite except in a few very very select locations, so large images shouldn't really be a problem here.

The problem is that it takes a lot of disk space on the server ...

Before everything was in order, but now the files began to occupy not 300-500KB, as before, but 5-15MB

Add a function so that the administrator can choose whether to save the original images or not, please

On 7/1/2018 at 1:57 AM, Joel R said:

Go to ACP > Image Settings

Or you can use Kraken by @stoo2000

no one

in ACP -> Posting text

Images & Videos

If an image larger than the these dimensions is uploaded, it will be resized to no bigger than the dimensions and the original image will be discarded. Resizing images reduces their quality so it is normally best to leave this unlimited unless your community uses a lot of images and you want to reduce disk space use.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived