Podcasts Application

Josiah Wallingford

I don't know what the policy is on unsupported applications, but the Podcasts application or one similar to it is essential for my community. The application has gone unsupported. What is the policy on a new active developer creating a new application like it or picking it up and continuing support for it? I imagine the new developer would request ownership of the application for the former, but what if the developer does not respond to the request because they are no longer active in the community?

9 hours ago, AlexWright said:

This one is very good, and still supported by the author. @onlyME has been great with support. We use it for music and podcasts.

I had thought about MusicBox but when I asked the developer about podcasts he said this is not an application for podcasts, so I stayed away from it.

How is it working for you for podcasts? Is your community creating podcasts or are you just adding podcasts to it for your community to listen to? 

I need something where my community can create/host their podcasts and have everything needed to provide their RSS feed to iTunes, Google Play, etc etc

7 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

I had thought about MusicBox but when I asked the developer about podcasts he said this is not an application for podcasts, so I stayed away from it.

How is it working for you for podcasts? Is your community creating podcasts or are you just adding podcasts to it for your community to listen to? 

I need something where my community can create/host their podcasts and have everything needed to provide their RSS feed to iTunes, Google Play, etc etc

We made a genre called podcasts. I'm not sure about RSS, as that's not something we required.

Archived