Report Member Profiles - Supporttopic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/3/2018 at 5:12 PM, Tripp★ said:

This doesn't seem to work on the latest IPS release (4.3.5). I click on the oddly coloured report button, and fill in the information. I submit the report. It says "Thanks for submitting the report", however no report is filed to the report centre. Please advise. 

Hi,

the reports are in an own section in the ModCP and not under the default reported content section.
Please review your Moderator permissions, if you don't see it.

Oh then there appears to have been a misunderstanding on my part then. I will take another look and get back to you on that. Is there anyway of merging it in with the report centre at all? It doesn't seem to make sense to me that these are separated, but then again it doesn't make any sense to me that there is no report button on profiles by default with the stock software in the first place. So I shouldn't really complain. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, yes. There is a different section in the Moderator Control Panel, and all the moderators can see it; and that all works and such... But there are some pretty major problems with this application:

• I expected everything to appear in the report centre, not have a completely new clone of the report centre made up just for it. This, right now, is rather inefficient and a pointless waste of space & time. 
  • None of the moderators can even use the report profile function; they only see the report profile button in their profiles, it doesn't appear in anyone else's. I believe this is true for all the members too. So it rather defeats the purpose if all anyone can do is report their own profiles.
    • There are no moderator permissions that I could see in the ACP, that would pertain to this at all. 
  • Bad Templates... IPS Focus themes don't want to display this properly, but yet everything else works fine in IPS Focus themes, this means it's not using a standard IPS coding, because if it was it'd be working in IPS Focus themes:
    • The button in the profile is a strange colour in (Screenshot Attached)
    • The ModCP section is not properly coded either, as a result there is white text against a white background (Screenshot Attached)

Screenshot 1: 

image.thumb.png.092c3cbc245872e40ad2037ea2eb7ad1.png

Screenshot 2:

image.thumb.png.c1bf52f7d3b9b148271f764f54dfeff1.png

I am not very happy with this application at all. As it stands it is completely broken, if no one can even report anyone but themselves thus this app cannot by definition serve its purpose. Please fix this, @Fosters. I am happy to help out in anyway I can with testing and what have you, but this has to be fixed. 🙂 

Edited by Tripp★

Thanks, I see the issue with the button, a new version will be released later today.

Unfortunately member reports can't be placed into the IPS Report center because they're not content item and it would be really really very tricky and hacky to try to make them appear as content item just to be able to place them into the default center.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Still waiting for my refund. The application has been broken since I got it and has never been fit for purpose. I have uninstalled it from my site and I won't be using your applications or plugins in future. This has been absolutely awful.

No wonder people like me are getting sick of the IPS Marketplace...

I have been on you about the problems with this since September and you have done sweet Fanny Adams about it. 

@Fosters. Refund. Now.

Edited by Tripp★
On 1/1/2019 at 10:59 AM, Tripp★ said:

Still waiting for my refund. The application has been broken since I got it and has never been fit for purpose. I have uninstalled it from my site and I won't be using your applications or plugins in future. This has been absolutely awful.

No wonder people like me are getting sick of the IPS Marketplace...

I have been on you about the problems with this since September and you have done sweet Fanny Adams about it. 

@Fosters. Refund. Now.

The refund was processed a while ago, you're not being shown as client of this application.

A new version was released

Changehistory

• Fix broken Button Design
  • Hide button from guests

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/9/2020 at 4:43 AM, AlexWright said:

Hiya @Fosters! We got this application, and can see the Report button on user's profiles. However, we aren't actually getting these reports into anywhere, as far as we can tell. Is there an area this should be going to?

I second that. Why is this not fixed yet???

Hi,

1. Please accept my apologies, I've just noticed that the header icon requires my free tools menu app

2. But the menu in the ModCP should work as long as the moderator has permissions to view reports.

Could you take a look at your reportmembers/data/extensions.json file... Is ModCP being mentioned there?
If not, please rename the extensions.json file to extensions_backup.json and reload the ModCP.

modcpmenu.png

1. Tools menu can't be installed on ACP marketplace since its compatible only with 4.3... Had to download 4.3 version and try my luck. However after installing I got to click on the reported member option just to find out it brought me to mod CP and there is nothing related to reported members.

2. But the menu in the ModCP should work as long as the moderator has permissions to view reports. - I'm the ADMIN and I see NOTHING.

Lastly I renamed the file I got to see the ModCP tab for reported members, but then this happened

image.thumb.png.1ef20b2978d6c462ae7ec7fd91a3cac6.png

You need to fix this.

Edited by Maxxius

@Fosters when you will fix this mod? It's completely not functional. Own up to your products! You charge money and all you do is ignore these bug reports, you don't communicate as to when these will be fixed. No accountability on your part whatsoever.

@Jordan Invision is IPS fine with having developers with this kind of work ethic on its marketplace?

Edited by Maxxius