Auto-display registration terms in the footer

MMXII

When I add a privacy policy to my site, a link to it gets auto-displayed in the footer automatically. Unfortunately it doesn't work the same with registration terms.

1. Is there an easy way to display a link to these in the footer, too? Ideally next to the privacy policy.
  2. As a regular user (and with no link in the footer), how can I read the registration terms again after registration, if I so desire?

As a quick solution, I have actually followed opentype's suggestion and put a link in my main menu. I am not too happy with this though for the reason mentioned above.

Because of that I'd like to suggest to the IPS Devs to add a funtionality to the Core that allowes to choose which additional links to display in the footer. IMHO a perfect place for this would be under AdminCP > System > Settings > General Configuration. There we already have an option to display additional information in the footer (Copyright line), so why not add 2 more options there? 1. Show a link to the Privacy Policy in the footer 2. Show a link to the Terms in the footer

This was already discussed several times.

"Registration terms" and "community guidelines" are on the same configuration page with "privacy policy" in the ACP. So there should be an option to also (optional) show all 3 in the footer and everywhere! Also in the emails footers...

Archived