How to rebuild the css in IPB 4.2

Veseliq

I just upgraded a community from 3.4 to 4.2. However, I did it on a subdomain upgrade.mydomain.com. Then I changed it to forums.mydomain.com (and updated the config file accordingly). However, the fonts loaded by the CSS files have a hardcoded URL towards `upgrade.mydomain.com`. So they do not load. I traced back that these links are in:

upload/css_build_1/*****.css (many files)
upload/css_build_2/*****.css (many files)
upload/css_build_3/*****.css (many files)

How do I rebuild these files? I couldn't find any possible way... I can replace them manually but it doesn't feel right - they look generated.

Awww, thanks!!!

That fixed it immediately but this is terrible UX - I would never imagine it is there... I wasted an hour going through every link on the ACP and looking for information on Google so that I don't have to contact support. How hard is it to add "Clear Cache" button somewhere - like it was on 3.4...

1 hour ago, Veseliq said:

How hard is it to add "Clear Cache" button somewhere 

It’s not hard, but that assumes that the admin knows upfront that this action and nothing else is the solution for the problems the admin experiences. And that is just not always the case. That’s why there is one support assistant that can resolve dozens of different issues by walking the admin through different checks and measures. And that isn’t wrong just because you had a different expectation coming from a different version of the software. 

The newer 'Support' tool aka "Something is not working" is a lot easier to use than the previous 3x series rebuilding master data sets and then re-caching the themes, or even having to use the external 'upgrade finish' tool to forcefully rebuild the data caches. :)

The new tool will also look at quite a few area's to see if it can spot anything "amiss" so its a 'one stop solution' in most cases.

If the tool does not fix the issue and you are unable to find a solution here the best option is then to just open a support request so a technician can take a look for you.

The problem here is that I did know upfront that this action is the solution and couldn't find it without seeking support in this community. For me, the support button implies I'll be contacting a human, while I accurately believe I can fix it myself and don't need that... I just had to find the "recache button".

It is by no means obvious that just before you request support, you would have certain things attempted for you. I don't say this shouldn't be done - sometimes a user could directly look for support when having a problem totally fixable by automated attempts! But I do think there should be a button on the "cache settings" page that allows you to reset the cache yourself.

Archived