(DP44) Custom Links

This add-on has been fantastic for my community. THANK YOU!

I have a few items i would really like to see included in future updates, which I think have all been discussed before:

1. Include "Hit Tracking" - track how many times a replace link has been clicked, i only need total count really, as I can track where it came from using Google Analytics.
  2. Include the ability to parse multiple inputs. IE one custom link entry for multiple words. I frequently create 3-4 custom links for a phrase, like "Phrase A", "PhraseA", "PhrasesA" but they all point to the same Custom URL.
  3. Exclude a certain page/url from having custom links replaced.

If I can pool together with others to help pay for this development and upgrades I would be willing to do that!

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2021 at 12:32 PM, Iwooo said:

I would love to see an option to self-exclude link. 

For example if I link  NAME to domain.com/name-t100 I would like to exclude this link to not link to itself. @DawPi Do you think it's possible to have it added? 

It's done and will be released as 4.0.5 version.

• 2 months later...

One question. Does Limit Link restrict the linking inside a page or a single content piece?

Could contain: Text

I mean, if I have a topic where a word is repeated again and again in every post, then it will be linked in every post. It would not link twice inside one post, but there would be 10 links on one page if the word is used in 10 posts on the topic. Right?

Edited by Sonya*
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

if visible permissions for certain groups quote a post that had links in it, these links are carried across in to a quote and the whole forum (all groups) can see the link.

is there a way to prevent other groups from seeing the links?

• 2 months later...

Hello, I've upgraded my community to the latest version and I get this RED box message in connection with your plugin (which is great btw):

PHP8 Incompatible Customizations

We are currently in the process of migrating our platform from PHP7 to PHP8 in order to provide you with the greatest level of performance and security. We've identified one or more Applications or Plugins currently installed on your site which contain PHP8 incompatible hooks and/or subclasses. In PHP8, altering overloaded method signatures within a subclass results in a fatal error which can make a site completely inoperable. Also, our hook system relies on subclasses so this change applies to hooks as well. Therefore, this code must be either replaced with an updated version, removed, or disabled from your site as soon as possible.

If you are not sure what this means, you must contact the Author of any listed Application or Plugin for an updated version. If you cannot update to a PHP8 compatible version, the Application or Plugin will have to be disabled or removed.

What can be done about this? I really want to continue using your plugin on my forums. I've found some official information about the PHP8 migration here, FYI:
Thank you for your answer & help!
21 hours ago, DawPi said:

Hm, show me screen from scanner with infos related to my app. I just installed it on 4.7.3 with PHP 8 and scanner found nothing wrong.

I have two communities, both having only one additional application (your plugin). I have no other plugin or any other application, only the official community 4.7.3 together with your plugin. Both communities are showing me the same error after the update:

Could contain: Document, Text, Page, File

here is more:

Could contain: Text, Paper

Edited by Tom Peace
  • 1 month later...

If I have in the custom link:

• Cyberpunk 2077
  • Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Libery

The system correctly recognizes when to use the custom link, without creating "conflicts".

But if I have the custom links:

• Call of Duty: Warzone
  • Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0

When I go to write Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, it uses the Call of Duty: Warzone custom link, how can I avoid it?

In my opinion it would be nice and especially useful to create a helper that tells the system which customlink it uses and whether not to use it.

In mine I have a custom link for each game, in the case of Grand Theft Auto I really have many:

image.thumb.png.2d1cd34d8494fd5c395a1cb80a548e5c.png

I writing an article in which I was talking generally about the Grand Theft Auto series and not about a specific chapter, and all the links led to the first game in the series in 1998, when it would have been obvious to put the link to the last game in the series. It would also be helpful to have a helper where you indicate that even if the word is in the custom link, not to use it because you are not referring to that thing...

Why not create an helper example: Grand Theft Auto[IDCustomlink], so that he knows which custom link to use?