Media Uploader (Support Topic)

On 8/6/2022 at 3:21 PM, BradTBP said:

Adriano,

Is there any chance that .M4A files can be added audio type?  That is the type on the iphone and it would make uploading audio files remotely easier and faster.

Thank you.

Done.

On 8/6/2022 at 4:05 PM, BradTBP said:

One more thing, I am opening a for pay club that allows for a video upload.  Much of it seems to work acceptably, but when I try to view the uploaded video, only audio bar is displayed and only audio is presented.  I have reviewed settings for groups, media uploader, clubs and have not found the issue.  It's on a private club, so I don't think you can see it.  I can make you admin if so.

On 8/6/2022 at 7:07 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Does it work in a regular category? That makes no sense because a club feature uses same controller and templates from a regular category, with a few templates additions.

Works fine to me in a regular category (from the app) and in any type of club. Below is a submission to a club:

Also, I cannot upload from the iphone on my web-based site, the exact files I could load from OneDrive on my desktop, I could not load from my phone's OneDrive.  Is this supposed to work on mobile?  It would seem so.  

I can via Google Drive. I don't have and never used OneDrive but it's just an upload field like any other. It should work.

I am able to view on Microsoft Edge browser but not Chrome...is that the same for others?  Is there a way to address this?

If you can in one and not in others then probably it is some extension/coded related; nothing at "script" level.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Done.

Works fine to me in a regular category (from the app) and in any type of club. Below is a submission to a club:

I can via Google Drive. I don't have and never used OneDrive but it's just an upload field like any other. It should work.

If you can in one and not in others then probably it is some extension/coded related; nothing at "script" level.

.M4A is big for me Adriano!   Thank you for taking the time to include it and also to answer these questions.  It gives me confidence the media uploader is good, now I have to figure out the browser.  

Thanks again, and I am going to go renew some more products of yours.  I appreciate you.

Any idea why I would be getting this after selecting the category when I try getting to the upload form. I tried default theme also but same issue. It looks like it's getting: DivisionByZeroError in the logs.

[[Template mediauploader/front/global/uploadforms is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edited by CTFRuNnEr
2 hours ago, CTFRuNnEr said:

Any idea why I would be getting this after selecting the category when I try getting to the upload form. I tried default theme also but same issue. It looks like it's getting: DivisionByZeroError in the logs.

[[Template mediauploader/front/global/uploadforms is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It’s a bug fixed in the newest version released after you have installed the app. Just update to the newest version and you’re ok.

Yes, I'm thankful Adriano got the m4a file added, but "My Media" is not there at all, blank page.  The Category pages load, but with a date of December 31, 1969:

Could contain: Page, Text, Word

And there is no Embed option for uploads.  That feature really makes this app great.  I'm not sure if it went away in the last release or a previous one.  Hope to see this reach its potential.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:24 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Thanks. I’ll take a look when I have to upgrade it again.

The post above yours says about My Media page. I have a ton of other resources to check. I released 2 versions of this in less than 2 weeks. I’ll take a look again in a couple of weeks or so.

Edited by Adriano Faria
On 8/24/2022 at 8:54 PM, BradTBP said:

One other thing to add to list to make this better, there should be an option not to allow downloads.  I want to use in a club that pays for access, but a club member can download and distribute.  Should be way to block downloads.  Thanks.

Disable the category permission:

mrzR0jG.png

New version awaiting approval. It fixes the My Media page and adds .m4a to the club features.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/25/2022 at 11:37 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Download applications / mediauploader / sources / Categories / Categories.php, open and find in line 341:

'mp4' => '.mp4',

Add above:

'm4a' => '.m4a',

Save and upload.

Can I do the same to support .avi files? If not, could you please add .avi file extension to supported videos?

I have a large number of .avi files and will have to go into the conversion process if that can't be done.

@Adriano Faria, just to be fair, I asked from @onlyME the same request and he informed me that .avi file it's not HTML5 video format and most browsers can't play it. To take you out of this extra work, I will prefer to do the conversions to avoid future problems. Thank you very much for your interest and sorry for any inconvenience. I wish you happy holidays and a very happy new year 🙂