Media Uploader (Support Topic)

9 minutes ago, fix3r said:

not to mention 50% of users are mobile 

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, fix3r said:

thats it xenforo could do it 5 years ago but ips needs $50 addon that still does not embed pdf directly from native uploader

this is not a PDF application, It is not a application to upload files to forums posts , they are extra's, It a media uploader application allowing you to upload media share it, make it private, crop your images, only allow certain members to view your uploads, and yes it allows you to embed your uploads into the editors including PDF's, IPS uploader does not allow PDF's to be uploaded as a pdf file on the editor, they rename it and remove the pdf extension removing the ability for it to be embedded and only downloaded

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I get the error: [[Template mediauploader/front/profile/template is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But only on a user profile if the another user views that profile. Not if the user views their own profile.

I certainly would not want to revert to the default theme. What can I do?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Getting two errors with this one

1. Getting the following message when trying to upload a document.  Currently using IPS Focus themes, but it is also not working with the default theme.  Tried a cache refresh and that didn't work either.

[[Template mediauploader/front/global/uploadforms is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2. When setting up categories for just a Documents and nothing else.  The application still wants you to specify a size for images even though I am not allowing them.  When you try to hit save with images not allowed nothing happens, until you toggle images on and you notice the reason for not saving is the missing entry.

3. Also getting the following error when trying to look at the "My Media" page

[[Template mediauploader/front/mymedia/template is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cheers!!

Edited by HDiddy
46 minutes ago, HDiddy said:

Getting two errors with this one

1. Getting the following message when trying to upload a document.  Currently using IPS Focus themes, but it is also not working with the default theme.  Tried a cache refresh and that didn't work either.

3. Also getting the following error when trying to look at the "My Media" page

PHP 8? Anything in the logs?

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One more thing, I am opening a for pay club that allows for a video upload.  Much of it seems to work acceptably, but when I try to view the uploaded video, only audio bar is displayed and only audio is presented.  I have reviewed settings for groups, media uploader, clubs and have not found the issue.  It's on a private club, so I don't think you can see it.  I can make you admin if so.

https://www.thebullspen.com/mediauploader/view/52-21test/

Also, I cannot upload from the iphone on my web-based site, the exact files I could load from OneDrive on my desktop, I could not load from my phone's OneDrive.  Is this supposed to work on mobile?  It would seem so.  

Thank you.

1 minute ago, BradTBP said:

but when I try to view the uploaded video, only audio bar is displayed and only audio is presented. 

I am able to view on Microsoft Edge browser but not Chrome...is that the same for others?  Is there a way to address this?

3 hours ago, BradTBP said:

Is there any chance that .M4A files can be added audio type?  That is the type on the iphone and it would make uploading audio files remotely easier and faster.

I’ll take a look.

Much of it seems to work acceptably, but when I try to view the uploaded video, only audio bar is displayed and only audio is presented.  I have reviewed settings for groups, media uploader, clubs and have not found the issue.  It's on a private club, so I don't think you can see it.  I can make you admin if so.

Does it work in a regular category? That makes no sense because a club feature uses same controller and templates from a regular category, with a few templates additions.

Also, I cannot upload from the iphone on my web-based site, the exact files I could load from OneDrive on my desktop, I could not load from my phone's OneDrive.  Is this supposed to work on mobile?  It would seem so.  

Will take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed and on the front-end if I click Media Uploader, click Upload and select Category and I get the following error:

[[Template mediauploader/front/global/uploadforms is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In the backend I see this for error (not sure if its helpful)

Could contain: Page, Text, Document, Word, File

I confirmed I am on the DEFAULT theme which appears to be a requirement for the app so I don't believe that's it and I verified permissions so not sure what else I need to look into.

1 minute ago, Cowboy Denny said:

I confirmed I am on the DEFAULT theme which appears to be a requirement

Not a requirement, exactly. It's recommended to test it on default theme; if it works then it may be a theme issue... but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Please send a message with URL and admin account. Let me take a look there.

14 minutes ago, Cowboy Denny said:

Just installed and on the front-end if I click Media Uploader, click Upload and select Category and I get the following error:

In the backend I see this for error (not sure if its helpful)

Could contain: Page, Text, Document, Word, File

I confirmed I am on the DEFAULT theme which appears to be a requirement for the app so I don't believe that's it and I verified permissions so not sure what else I need to look into.

It has to do with the Who Can Upload Private Files? setting. If I enable it like that:

btK1YCC.png

it will work. I added an image as a test (please remove it).

This is a temporary "fix". I'll have to install it to see what's going on that.