Media Uploader (Support Topic)

In newer version it looks better on mobile, but the buttons are too small to read well.

I also suggest that you allow admin to disable types of media with an on/off switch and make sure the corresponding button disappears from front end if off.

Lastly adding a "Who Can See" option with group pick list would be great. If one group could use, and only certain groups could see (and not use) the 'public' media we could use it as an intensive to join or pay.

Has any of the above been updated or considered?

Updated to 1.0.9

New Features

• Redesigned the front uploader page so it looks better on the eyes
  • Redesigned the embedding function into topics allowing you to use the topics editor to embed the topics giving you more control over your posts
  • When you download a file it will now download with the original file name instead of the one saved with a massive string attached to it
  • Added friendly url's to the whole application
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Allfict said:

Hello, Bought Your Product Here, How Do I Install? Please Be detailed. I am Very New At This. ?

go to your ACP and system then applications, you will see install, click install and select the downloaded .tar file you got, upload that, let it install then you will see a new tab in the ACP for the media uploader, go into that and enter the settings you want to enter, be sure to go to the member group settings of the ACP as well because there is setting in that too

3 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

go to your ACP and system then applications, you will see install, click install and select the downloaded .tar file you got, upload that, let it install then you will see a new tab in the ACP for the media uploader, go into that and enter the settings you want to enter, be sure to go to the member group settings of the ACP as well because there is setting in that too

Thank you Very Much! Incredibly Helpful! one more thing, How do I upload media and insert to post? 

39 minutes ago, Allfict said:

Thank you Very Much! Incredibly Helpful! one more thing, How do I upload media and insert to post? 

for this version, you will see a button saying embed media above the editors on the forums, the next update what will be released soon will be in the insert other media button on the editors and that will be global

9 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

for this version, you will see a button saying embed media above the editors on the forums, the next update what will be released soon will be in the insert other media button on the editors and that will be global

Thank you and Will the next update that helps prevent downloading button? I have tweaked all the settings so users can't download but only view audio but the download button still appears and lets the audio file download.. 

1 minute ago, Allfict said:

Thank you and Will the next update that helps prevent downloading button? I have tweaked all the settings so users can't download but only view audio but the download button still appears and lets the audio file download.. 

If it is your own upload, you will always be able to download your own media ( it's yours ), the setting of who can download will only be for media other people upload, if you wanted I could probably give you a code to place in the custom.css to hide the button

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

If it is your own upload, you will always be able to download your own media ( it's yours ), the setting of who can download will only be for media other people upload, if you wanted I could probably give you a code to place in the custom.css to hide the button

Oh very much please. I tested it using other accounts to see if they could download and they could. 

17 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

what do you mean? do you mean can users sell media?

Yes. Let's say I have created a PDF ebook or taken a lovely picture. I want to add it to my media uploader and then I want to say this file is worth $0.99. Then when I embed that file into a post the user viewing will see a message saying "To view this file buy now for $0.99.". If the person purchases it, they can then see the file that was embedded forever and/or download that file.

1 hour ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Yes. Let's say I have created a PDF ebook or taken a lovely picture. I want to add it to my media uploader and then I want to say this file is worth $0.99. Then when I embed that file into a post the user viewing will see a message saying "To view this file buy now for $0.99.". If the person purchases it, they can then see the file that was embedded forever and/or download that file.

No that's not possible with this