Media Uploader (Support Topic)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In newer version it looks better on mobile, but the buttons are too small to read well.

I also suggest that you allow admin to disable types of media with an on/off switch and make sure the corresponding button disappears from front end if off.

Lastly adding a "Who Can See" option with group pick list would be great. If one group could use, and only certain groups could see (and not use) the 'public' media we could use it as an intensive to join or pay.

Edited by Jaymez
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

All I need is when someone uploads a PDF or audio file to a forum post or anywhere else, the PDF is displayed or the audio is playable rather than only available for download.

Will this do that or are there additional steps that need to be done?

they will need to upload it to the media uploader then they can choose to embed any of their uploads in the posts / topics including pdf's etc.

You can check it here

Edited by TheJackal84
1 hour ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

So is this meant to be a much more advanced replacement for gallery?

depends how you look at it, it's basically a more private upload application where you can pick and choose to keep some private but give access to x/y/z member only, I am not sure about gallery etc but with this you can upload and crop images aswell and also pick and choose if you want to keep the original and the cropped one or just the cropped, I am starting a update on this soon so am not to sure what else it will bring, I have a few PM's with requests so need to go through them

6 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

I am starting a update on this soon so am not to sure what else it will bring, I have a few PM's with requests so need to go through them

My only request is to have a feature which allows any pdf and audio file added to any post be automatically embedded

6 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

depends how you look at it, it's basically a more private upload application where you can pick and choose to keep some private but give access to x/y/z member only, I am not sure about gallery etc but with this you can upload and crop images aswell and also pick and choose if you want to keep the original and the cropped one or just the cropped

Thank you..

2 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

My only request is to have a feature which allows any pdf and audio file added to any post be automatically embedded

It has that, if you sign up to the link above you can upload stuff on there and then create some topics etc in the test bit with the embedding function

On 5/7/2018 at 1:05 AM, TheJackal84 said:

It has that, if you sign up to the link above you can upload stuff on there and then create some topics etc in the test bit with the embedding function

I am unable to sign up because the confirmation email to join IPSdev does not come to my email for some reason. I tried resending the confirmation email, still nothing.

I purchased the application. I will see how it goes on my site.

Edited by Josiah Wallingford
I did end up getting the activation email and was able to get in.
6 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Alright, I got it installed and have uploaded some pdf's to the post. How do I get them to embed?

Screenshot at May 08 02-26-31.png

In the settings there is a bit what allows groups to embed, Once you uploaded the file to media uploader and it is not private you will see some embed buttons on the topics at the top and above the editor

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

In the settings there is a bit what allows groups to embed, Once you uploaded the file to media uploader and it is not private you will see some embed buttons on the topics at the top and above the editor

I do have that enabled... I believe this is the setting you are talking about:

Is it not showing me the option because I am (as an administrator) editing a non-admins post?

Screenshot at May 08 02-35-36.png

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

Should show like that above the editor

Does it not work in clubs maybe?

Screenshot at May 08 02-46-43.png

Oh, I see it now. If I am out of the editor it shows up. I thought I would have to edit the post to get the option.

But it does not seem to be working for me. It is not recognizing any media in the post:

Screenshot at May 08 02-49-17.png

Does it not work with content that was uploaded before the application was installed?

8 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Does it not work in clubs maybe?

Screenshot at May 08 02-46-43.png

Oh, I see it now. If I am out of the editor it shows up. I thought I would have to edit the post to get the option.

But it does not seem to be working for me. It is not recognizing any media in the post:

Screenshot at May 08 02-49-17.png

Does it not work with content that was uploaded before the application was installed?

the content has to be uploaded to the media uploader application, It will only show the stuff uploaded there. I will be working on a update where it will also link their attachements to the embeds and also transfer the attachments to the uploader

• 2 weeks later...

817041538_ScreenShot2018-05-20at11_53_57AM.thumb.png.b1e7bd0bc9d7a4bcb82aca0b11a75026.png

The items you don't have permission to should not show to the members, I only want a Document option

I already have the photo gallery add on and this adds major confusion even when disabled

your copyright shows right in the middle of the document ....1317518395_ScreenShot2018-05-20at11_57_28AM.thumb.png.5182413368f2370ab823836121d270ad.png

file preview after upload shows blank

1725626740_ScreenShot2018-05-20at11_58_28AM.thumb.png.9523f083ddd3361e3e0aa8ab33986e13.png

Just now, fix3r said:

817041538_ScreenShot2018-05-20at11_53_57AM.thumb.png.b1e7bd0bc9d7a4bcb82aca0b11a75026.png

The items you don't have permission to should not show to the members, I only want a Document option

I already have the photo gallery add on and this adds major confusion even when disabled

yeah that's fine, this was one of my first apps so could of done with a nice update and a few things done a bit better anyway

2 minutes ago, fix3r said:

i need a gallery of the uploaded items and categories , i may use your add on in conjunction with IPS pages database to accomplish my needs

I have never used pages, but if it can bring in queries from the database etc then yeah you could get the information from it all