Commerce annual subscriptions with specific end date

optrexnz

I would like to be able to sell a 12 month membership via commerce.

The membership would run from the 1st April to the 31st March each year and cost $80
If the membership is purchased prior to the 1st June it would only cost $70
No matter what point in time the membership was purchased, it should expire on the 31st March the following year, with a 30 day grace period.

How do I set this up please?

16 hours ago, optrexnz said:

I would like to be able to sell a 12 month membership via commerce.

The membership would run from the 1st April to the 31st March each year and cost $80
If the membership is purchased prior to the 1st June it would only cost $70
No matter what point in time the membership was purchased, it should expire on the 31st March the following year, with a 30 day grace period.

How do I set this up please?

I am seeing so many requests in the Feedback section asking for various improvements to the way Commerce deals with memberships (subscriptions). I have not yet once seen an IPS staff member make any kind of comment towards it.

Both Nexus and Commerce subscriptions are valid for a certain time based on the day of purchase, e.g. “1 year after day of purchase”. This topic was about a different subscription model, where you set fixed start and/or end dates, e.g. let it run out at December 31 for everyone, no matter if it was purchased in May or November. 

6 minutes ago, opentype said:

Both Nexus and Commerce subscriptions are valid for a certain time based on the day of purchase, e.g. “1 year after day of purchase”. This topic was about a different subscription model, where you set fixed start and/or end dates, e.g. let it run out at December 31 for everyone, no matter if it was purchased in May or November. 

Ah, I see - I got confused, since the subscriptions do have dates, just not fixed dates.

Archived