Creating support topics

Steph40

On previous versions there was a tool to build them. I think there was (at one point) code to generate it on edit if they were enabled but currently no.

As this relates to here rather than your site , the above is not relevant. :)

Generally you would create a topic in Marketplace Topics and put a link in the Support Info box, I can do this for you if needed but you should be able to do that upon editing it anyway.

If you are not able to create a new topic in that forum for your files then simply create the support topic in the 'Test Forum' instead, ensure its formatted correctly with a link to the file etc, and then fire a quick PM to me with a link to it and I'll move the new topic to the correct location for you. :)

Yes I was not sure as the original post mentions Marketplace so I tried to cover both "own site" and "here" as well with regard to what to do if you wanted a topic.

There is no current "check and create topics" if you switch the category from "no topics" to "topics" though unfortunately. I *think* that might make a re-appearance at a future point as its quite useful.

52 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I think he means in Downloads app itself. If so, it is a category feature

Yes that is what I meen but I have files with no support topic, is it possible?

50 minutes ago, AndyF said:

There is no current "check and create topics" if you switch the category from "no topics" to "topics" though unfortunately. I *think* that might make a re-appearance at a future point as its quite useful.

Yes it would be.

20 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Support is not required, if it's a FREE plugin, so nothing ironic there. :)

The irony is more that I have issue about my own support topics on my site, they have a plugin for support topic with no support topic. I totaly understand not supporting free files everyone needs to make a living.

• 1 month later...

Archived