DB Driver Error When posting new thread 3.4.6

ScottS9999

Support are being next to useless. Despite trying to upgrade to 4.x which has required us to move host first they are refusing the help us because we are using 3.4.6. We can't really start an upgrade when the old version isn't working. Anyway hopefully someone here can help as support refuse to. Find my message to support below

-----------

We are running version 3.4.6 and have been looking to upgrade to the latest version. However our hosts configuration doesn't support version 4 and they won't upgrade for us so we have had to move host first. We configured the server and moved a test version over and everything works fine until it comes to making a post which throws up a database error. Looking in the logs it gives the error

59a33e8fbca05_ScreenShot2017-08-27at22_49_30.thumb.png.4de8e3a92577c8a710f81136a6d87983.png

There doesn't seem to be a 'moved_to; field in ibf_topics on either this test site or the live site, the live site posts fine. I might be missing something totally obvious but I can't work out whats different between the live and the test and hence how to fix it. So any ideas on whats causing this and how to fix it as we can't even start thinking of moving to the latest version until we get this version working on the test site.

14 hours ago, Tracy Perry said:

If the purpose is to upgrade to 4.X line, then have you simply tried upgrading the existing site to it and see if there are any errors?

That would be the simplest solution to see if the issue gets resolved in the upgrade process.  

The problem is our old hosting is up fairly soon so we would like to get a working version of 3.6.4 up so we can switch the live server and then in a sandbox environment get 4.x configured specifically getting a version of our style sorted for 4.x and recreate any plugins

5 hours ago, AndyF said:

Any third party hooks present ? Especially *anything* that effects topics in any way at all (even if it seems unrelated) such as an addon to leave a 'moved' message as older versions did not have a script to move this.

We have some but already disabled and it hasn't helped. You would think it would do the same on the old server if it was a hook related thing anyway. Thats why its strange, exact copy and it works on the old server but not the new

Old server 

PHP 5.3.3 

MYSQL 5.1.69

New Server

PHP 5.6.31

MYSQL 5.7.19

I have actually just got it working.I created the column in the table it said was missing a default value and it ended up sorting it. Still can't work out why it works fine on the old server without it but doesn't on the new

1 minute ago, ScottS9999 said:

I have actually just got it working.I created the column in the table it said was missing a default value and it ended up sorting it. Still can't work out why it works fine on the old server without it but doesn't on the new

Did you run the upgradefinish tool on the 'moved' site ? This will try to update caches and the like (its really the only sensible way to do them 'externally' as such) ?

Does seem odd though as you say. One idea although a bit late to mention now was to run the database tools in the 'broken' site's ACP to see if that picked up anything.

Archived