Moderator Log > Accessible to Modertors?

BlueEye

Hi guys -

Quick question, is there a way to make the moderator logs accessible to the moderators?  The mod log use to be available in version 3.x for moderators to reference but I believe now it is only available via the admin panel.  This old feature was very helpful on our site when moderators would inadvertently contradict each other's actions without knowing.

Thanks guys -

Chad

A very long time ago there was a third party file that would show the mod log to moderators, it was a kind of addition the to MCP itself. From memory this was actually for the ancient 2x series (I did say a long time ago) although I'm not aware of anything immediately for IPS4 that would offer this functionality at the moment.

Some permission checks would probably need to be done to the 'list" if it showed to forum-level moderators opposed to global moderators as otherwise potentially you'd expose actions for sections some mods could not see, although the 'easy' answer to this is to simply not show the mod log to any non-global mod I guess.

It would make quite a neat third party plugin however. :)

• 3 months later...

Thanks Andy for the reply.  Are there any developers out there who would be willing to create this plugin for my board?  I'm happy to pay for services.  This is a feature that my moderators have been missing bad since it was removed.  What is happening now is the moderators are un-doing each other's actions without realizing that another moderator has already addressed the issue.  They were able to previously simply check the moderator log to see if anything was done yet.

1 minute ago, AndyF said:

One useful thing might be (if you are considering it already, does not really matter if not) is if a content item is shown in the "logs" then linking it might be good too, providing a 'quick access' method to said content.

Would be fine? ;)

P.s. not finished yet.

screen_0.png

screen_1.png

screen_2.png

screen_3.png

screen_4.png

screen_5.png

screen_6.png

Archived