(DF42) Members Social Info (Support Topic)

Went in to edit one of my social info fields -- trying to REMOVE what I had entered, and it won't let me. I delete, I save, it says it's saved, and then the info is back in the field again. 

Help? Thanks.

@TheJackal84

EDIT TO ADD: It's also not letting me ADD any new info. Eeek! Help?! (Was doing final testing before putting my community live today. 😞 )

Edited by BDD
22 hours ago, BDD said:

Went in to edit one of my social info fields -- trying to REMOVE what I had entered, and it won't let me. I delete, I save, it says it's saved, and then the info is back in the field again. 

Help? Thanks.

@TheJackal84

EDIT TO ADD: It's also not letting me ADD any new info. Eeek! Help?! (Was doing final testing before putting my community live today. 😞 )

This is kind of important -- a reply would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, BDD said:

Not sure what time zone you're in. When does "today" end for you? Thanks.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, BDD said:

Thanks. (I thought it was working, but it's not.)

Edited 3 hours ago by BDD

Never edit a post, you know it don't send any notifications or emails with any information that it has been edited so the last I knew was the post in the image

Edited by TheJackal84
1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

spacer.png

Never edit a post, you know it don't send any notifications or emails with any information that it has been edited so the last I knew was the post in the image

Sorry, I didn't know that. At my end it just shows the edited version. Lesson learned.

Just now, BDD said:

Sorry, I didn't know that. At my end it just shows the edited version. Lesson learned.

I can't see that post no more but when you posted it I got that email and that's what I read, so when you edited it, it didn't send me a notification or email saying it got edited as it is not part of IPS' code to do that and I just assumed there has been no new posts.

But yeah if asking for support etc it is best not to edit it with a updated response cos most devs will only check new posts when notified there is new ones and your edits can get missed

7 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I can't see that post no more but when you posted it I got that email and that's what I read, so when you edited it, it didn't send me a notification or email saying it got edited as it is not part of IPS' code to do that and I just assumed there has been no new posts.

But yeah if asking for support etc it is best not to edit it with a updated response cos most devs will only check new posts when notified there is new ones and your edits can get missed

Okay. Understood. Moving on? I can't get any fields to save. Please let me know if you need to know anything else in order to troubleshoot this. Thanks.

3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

yeah it's a bug when removing the links and leaving blank, should be released by tomorrow afternoon ( it's 22.13 here so you have a rough idea of time frame )

It's more than that -- there's a problem when you remove a link and leave it blank, but as I noted previously, it's also not saving new links either. Will that fix be included, too?

(Thanks for the timing estimate.)

19 hours ago, BDD said:

It's more than that -- there's a problem when you remove a link and leave it blank, but as I noted previously, it's also not saving new links either. Will that fix be included, too?

(Thanks for the timing estimate.)

Checking in for an update on this. Thanks.

@TheJackal84

• 2 months later...

hello,

I installed the app and I had no errors.

However when I click on the settings button and validate the content I get this error: 2S100 / 1 This page does not exist.

I have access to the Social Info button and I can enter the information in it but I don't see it anywhere on the forum or profile

Thank you for your help and sorry for this bad English

16 hours ago, bouckie said:

hello,

I installed the app and I had no errors.

However when I click on the settings button and validate the content I get this error: 2S100 / 1 This page does not exist.

I have access to the Social Info button and I can enter the information in it but I don't see it anywhere on the forum or profile

Thank you for your help and sorry for this bad English

what settings? the ACP or the members settings for the social sites?