(DF42) Members Social Info (Support Topic)

9 minutes ago, Steph40 said:

@TheJackal84

Hey,

Thanks and grats on moving it to an app.

Just one issue on taman behemoth, the copyright is not showing in the footer but it is on top of the save button, can I move to footer or is that a crime :p

Thanks, when it was a plugin I was limited with the links I could add as it used the members table in the database, now it's a application it uses it's own columns and tables so I can add unlimited and not worry about it being too much.

I'll send you a PM about the footer as these topics are open to the public, so patches etc I will now be giving in private

Edited by TheJackal84
1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

Thanks, when it was a plugin I was limited with the links I could add as it used the members table in the database, now it's a application it uses it's own columns and tables so I can add unlimited and not worry about it being too much.

I'll send you a PM about the footer as these topics are open to the public, so patches etc I will now be giving in private

Ok thanks.

On 27/12/2017 at 7:12 PM, clickco said:

Great plug-in, thank you!! Wondering if there is (or can be) an option to move the placement of the Social Info button from where it is currently located to just up above in the Content section? I would like for it to display just below "Profile" in this example. Is this possible?

Thanks so much!

there is a setting in 2.0.0 to choose to display it under the settings or content bit like you wanted, I forgot to put that in the changelog

Edited by TheJackal84

I had the plugin installed and installed the application today as described: deactivate plugin, install application, sync plugin data, delete plugin.

I'm getting template errors in profile and on topics (also using your enhanced info panel plugin).

Any help on this?

[[Template core/global/plugins/SocialInfoProfileBlock does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems as if is refers to the old plugin which isn't there. 

Oh and another question/suggestion:

Would love to have icon for last.fm. It's not very popular anymore but quite a few users in my forums have a profile there (including me).

EDIT: deleted application and plugin and the template error is still there. Hmm, so I guess I'm keeping the plugin for now.

Edited by januarygirl
4 minutes ago, januarygirl said:

I had the plugin installed and installed the application today as described: deactivate plugin, install application, sync plugin data, delete plugin.

I'm getting template errors in profile and on topics (also using your enhanced info panel plugin).

Any help on this?

Seems as if is refers to the old plugin which isn't there. 

Download the new enhanced user info panel it has the new code for this app, I updated it today,

For now deactivate the members social info bit on the 3rd party apps for enhanced profile blocks, I forgot about that plugin I will update it with the new social info code either later today or tomorrow

Edited by TheJackal84
Just now, januarygirl said:

Ahh, that makes sense! :thumbsup::rofl:  There was an update alert in the admin area for the social info plugin, but not for the enhanced info panel so I didnt update that.  

Thanks for the help! 

No worries, The update only runs once a day so yours must of run just before I updated it, Follow the files you have and you will get notifications on here when they get updated,

I will also post here when updates come too

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any chance we can get a custom option?

The custom option would allow you to put in the pre/post url with a blank spot for the membre to type something in.

For example, facebook as the pre url for a members profile of https://www.facebook.com/ and the field for the user to fill in would say something like "Enter Username" which would then be appended to the end of the url https://www.facebook.com/usernameentereed

This way we could allow our members to link their profile from other random forums and communities.

On 5/7/2018 at 9:30 PM, Josiah Wallingford said:

Any chance we can get a custom option?

The custom option would allow you to put in the pre/post url with a blank spot for the membre to type something in.

For example, facebook as the pre url for a members profile of https://www.facebook.com/ and the field for the user to fill in would say something like "Enter Username" which would then be appended to the end of the url https://www.facebook.com/usernameentereed

This way we could allow our members to link their profile from other random forums and communities.

I will look into this app with-in the next week or 2 and see what I can do with custom ones

• 1 month later...