(DF42) Members Social Info (Support Topic)

• 4 months later...

Hey Jackal,

Interested in purchasing this product. Quick question: Is it possible to make this work with the Tournaments add-on? For instance, if someone wants to register for a tournament, they must have a specific social sign in.

Example: Lets say we are hosting an Xbox exclusive tournament. In order to register, they must have a Xbox account registered on their profile via the Social Icon. If they do, it'll showcase on their team page the Xbox Profile (gamertag) and allow them into the tournament.

11 hours ago, Agent Shark said:

I'm having a hard time making the social media icons show on postbit and on the profile. How do I do this? Maybe I am missing something.

Just see your other message too, I can see what I can do in the way of making it work with the tournaments app

For a answer to the quote above, what theme are you using?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I must be an idiot or something didn't install right. >< I don't see any area for settings for this app. I only have:

MEMBERS SOCIAL INFO
Social Sites
Social Icons

Nevermind, I found it. >< For anyone else like me, it is on the top right of the Social Sites page. 

Edited by Averis
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm working on setting up my new community. The members are solopreneurs, and most will have multiple social links for some of the networks. For example, for Facebook they'll need icons for their personal profile, business page(s), and group(s)) -- is there any way to have multiple icons for a particular service to cover this?

Thanks.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:36 PM, BDD said:

I'm working on setting up my new community. The members are solopreneurs, and most will have multiple social links for some of the networks. For example, for Facebook they'll need icons for their personal profile, business page(s), and group(s)) -- is there any way to have multiple icons for a particular service to cover this?

Thanks.

@TheJackal84 Forgot to tag you, not sure if that's needed or not, but doing it here. Thanks.

On 7/19/2019 at 5:36 PM, BDD said:

I will be looking into a update where you can add your own ones via the ACP so you could add like a fb page then group etc, Not sure when though but won't be ages away have a few other things need doing first

3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

I will be looking into a update where you can add your own ones via the ACP so you could add like a fb page then group etc, Not sure when though but won't be ages away have a few other things need doing first

Okay, thanks. I look forward to that.

• 4 weeks later...

@TheJackal84 Just purchased and installed. I see the Social Sites and Social Icons options in AdminCP, and I adjusted the Settings (including Display Settings), but I'm not seeing the place to add the icons on a profile (there is no "Social info" option at the top of the profile) -- what am I missing? Thanks.

18 hours ago, BDD said:

@TheJackal84 Just purchased and installed. I see the Social Sites and Social Icons options in AdminCP, and I adjusted the Settings (including Display Settings), but I'm not seeing the place to add the icons on a profile (there is no "Social info" option at the top of the profile) -- what am I missing? Thanks.

Okay, it's showing up now, but the dropdown doesn't show an icon (just an empty box like someone noted a few years ago on this board). Is there something I can do to address that? Thanks.

1 minute ago, BDD said:

Okay, it's showing up now, but the dropdown doesn't show an icon (just an empty box like someone noted a few years ago on this board). Is there something I can do to address that? Thanks.

Sorry was meant to reply to the other one last night, Glad it's showing now, it could of been a cache issue, I will send you a code tonight when I am back with a way to add your own icon to it, you will need to add it to your custom.css file

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

Sorry was meant to reply to the other one last night, Glad it's showing now, it could of been a cache issue, I will send you a code tonight when I am back with a way to add your own icon to it, you will need to add it to your custom.css file

Thanks. Okay. Is there a default icon that should be showing, though?

@TheJackal84 Checking in for an update on this one (the dropdown is showing an empty box).

Also, while I'm here, any update on the post from last month where you said:

I will be looking into a update where you can add your own ones via the ACP so you could add like a fb page then group etc, Not sure when though but won't be ages away have a few other things need doing first

Thanks again!

When I go to the "Social Info" option on the dropdown menu from my name on the top right, it takes me to the 4 tabs (starting with Social Info highlighted, and then there's Streaming, Gaming, and Other).

1. At that point, it's showing a "Members Social Info" link in the breadcrumbs before the "Editing Info" option for this screen. If you choose "Members Social Info" it takes you to an error screen: 

Sorry, there is a problem

That page does not exist.
Error code: 2S100/1

How do I fix that?

2. If you're not using any icons for a particular tab, it shows up as a blank tab. Is there any way to NOT show a tab if you're not using it?

Thanks @TheJackal84.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Updated to 2.0.3

Bug Fix

• Fixed the breadcrumb bug when visiting the edit social info page
  • Removed the font awesome icon on the users drop down menu

Thank you. Both look good.

What about the blank tab issue? (If you're not using any icons for a particular tab, it shows up as a blank tab.)

Is there any way to NOT show a tab if you're not using it? For example, looks like I'm not including anything that you have categorized as "Gaming" so it says "Edit Your Social Info" but nothing's listed above the "Save" button.

1 hour ago, BDD said:

Thank you. Both look good.

What about the blank tab issue? (If you're not using any icons for a particular tab, it shows up as a blank tab.)

Is there any way to NOT show a tab if you're not using it? For example, looks like I'm not including anything that you have categorized as "Gaming" so it says "Edit Your Social Info" but nothing's listed above the "Save" button.

Add any of these to your custom.css

STREAMING

#form_tab_MSI__Tab1 { 
  display:none;
}

GAMING

#form_tab_MSI__Tab2 { 
}

OTHER

#form_tab_MSI__Tab3 {