Tournaments App $$$

mrbowers

Hello, talk to me about budget if your interested. 

I'm in need of a tournaments app for my gaming community. Goal is to show -> brackets and teams.

Fully automated ladder ranking system allowing an unlimited number of ladders and tournaments.
Ability to Edit Ladder and Tournament general settings from control panel.
Each ladder can be set by member who made the challenge-only, open-play only or both together.
Rank, last rank, wins, losses, games played, streak, win percentage etc. recorded for each player account.
Fully automated sign-up and validation system.
Completely automated ladder system, standings and statistics updated immediately after report.
Player login to report matches, change account details and make challenges.
Team leaders can login and invite/add new members to their team account.
Match page listing all recent match results and details.
Run fully automated tournaments with anywhere from 4 to 512 players/teams per tournament.
Players can sign up to tournaments using ladder team accounts.
Support for numerous tournament types including double elimination.

Admin, Mod or Users Permissions set as well.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, I'll get mine done soon. Sooner than someone having to understand all of that and testing various ways. Only thing is I can't go to 512 due to a contract. The only way I could do it is somehow divide it into 4 128 ones where it's done in a different way than it was done in a custom job. I also have ideas for more features, but those would probably have tow ait for the second version (which would not be a long wait because the problem has been getting used to 4.x structure, so once the first version comes out, it will be easy from then on).

5 hours ago, mrbowers said:

The core project has been completed by the developers. Was told it will be filly usable by next Friday.  

Please note: This is a simple tournament / bracket system which can host different types of tournaments, ladders and one time events.

Thanks for the update! Look forward to it being on the market to purchase :)

It's possible I  will continue mine, as well. Just depends on how everything plays out with the one mrbowers uploads by the time I am done with my private version. Once done with my private one, it would be so easy to finish the public one, I hate to not finish it, if there's even just a few people who would want it.

If I don't continue it, I wish I could think of a really cool new idea. Oh well.

• 1 month later...
On 12/06/2017 at 0:55 PM, mrbowers said:

Just hired a dev this project ?. 3 to 4. Weeks to complete. When done the project will be place on open market for a small fee to support the build costs. Thank you .

On 14/06/2017 at 7:08 PM, mrbowers said:

The core project has been completed by the developers. Was told it will be filly usable by next Friday.  

Please note: This is a simple tournament / bracket system which can host different types of tournaments, ladders and one time events.

So. Almost 2 months later, where's it?

Project has been completed. I have decide to keep the project closed but open to the public through my community for the time being. Because I can't keep this app updated with a regular developer. Maybe in near future I can hand the project over to able developer when I can open source the project.  

Developer found and willing to update this project. Won't say who but in do time you will see when they are ready to release the project to the public.

Please understand I didn't feel right letting the project go public without a developer as their would be no updates for it and slowly be outdated.

6 hours ago, mrbowers said:

Please understand I didn't feel right letting the project go public without a developer as their would be no updates for it and slowly be outdated.

That was very responsible of you, well done! And congrats on finding a developer for this. Seems like something Adriano Fario would be good at, in his wheelhouse and all, but not tagging him since he is super busy and you found a developer already. ^^

• 1 month later...
On 31/07/2017 at 7:04 PM, mrbowers said:

Developer found and willing to update this project. Won't say who but in do time you will see when they are ready to release the project to the public.

So, two months later again, where is it?

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

Trick or Treat?

Don’t worry, other people are also working on a tournaments app. Ours won’t be ready in November? probably even not by end of this year, but we’re serious coders ;)

2 clients are already in touch with us, planing has already started, we have even first concepts..

4 hours ago, Fosters said:

Don’t worry, other people are also working on a tournaments app. Ours won’t be ready in November? probably even not by end of this year, but we’re serious coders ;)

Most of us customers of "He-who-must-not-be-named" have been waiting for more than 2 years now, so I can definitely wait a few months more. 

It is truly a relief to know that there are coders like @Fosters who foster this project. I think IPS Team should implement a fostering service for eternally ill coders, this one could add value just like anti-spam service... just saying. 

i-dont-always-comment-on-on-a-post-but-w

4 hours ago, Fosters said:

2 clients are already in touch with us, planing has already started, we have even first concepts..

Please touch me too :D (I don't care how that sounds lol)

Anyone who mocks someone for having injuries, I am glad they would be buying from someone else, honestly.

In fact, I don't care how many buy mine. I am finishing it because I said i would and wanting to make happy the few people who have remained nice and patient. Everyone else, i suggest they buy someone else's, even if mine comes out first.

For the few who have stayed polite, thanks for your patience. There are plenty apps that never get updated ever for a new version and i am at least remaining dedicated to getting it done this year.

54 minutes ago, Midnight Modding said:

Anyone who mocks someone for having injuries, I am glad they would be buying from someone else, honestly.

In fact, I don't care how many buy mine. I am finishing it because I said i would and wanting to make happy the few people who have remained nice and patient. Everyone else, i suggest they buy someone else's, even if mine comes out first.

For the few who have stayed polite, thanks for your patience. There are plenty apps that never get updated ever for a new version and i am at least remaining dedicated to getting it done this year.

Actually, I'm not mocking... "mocking" would imply that I"m actually believing your story. Which I don't. I think that someone who is as ill as you claim to be should be taking care of himself first, and return after full recovery. It's been more like: 1 week, "hello, I'm working on this, should be finished soon". Next month, "oh I got sick I couldn't finish, I'll be done quickly". After 2 months, "oh I got sick again it's slowing things up". After 2 months, "oh I'm doing some custom work, I'll finish the public version right after", then sick again. 

Well, in case that you have truly been non-stop sick for last 2 years, you're hurting yourself. You should really consider a serious treatment until recovery then you can resume being productive. My attitude would have been totally different with a message like "I'm putting this project on hold until further notice due to health issues", sparing all the whining and crying all over the forum. I come here to get assistance, apps/plugins not to hear that from a coder... I also think that many others would have been less or not mad at all. In 7 years using IPB/IPS, I've purchased apps from more than 20 different coders, I never had a single reason to talk to most of them. I bet that some of them have been sick, but they handled it differently. Watch and learn...

BTW, this is not a charity website, you're selling something on a public marketplace, If I need it, I'll buy it, even if YOU don't want me to... Whichever tournament app is released first, I'll buy it, and if the next one is better I'll switch. If don't know if you can ban someone from buying your apps, if not, the only way would be to either make it free, or release it after the 1st one with lower quality.. then I'll definitely not buy.

Don't get mad, I'm not a nice person  :drool:

Qui aime bien, chatie bien ^^

• 2 weeks later...

You do know their already app you can bridge for tournament app? You just need to fork out bit more money in order to work it as you need Wordpress bridge. Since the app is built for Wordpress and not ipb yet. My guess they all ready started one for ipb. They already got one for php nuke Wordpress and phpbb. You want to know how this works and want a live working copy one just message me. 

7 minutes ago, mrbowers said:

You do know their already app you can bridge for tournament app? You just need to fork out bit more money in order to work it as you need Wordpress bridge. Since the app is built for Wordpress and not ipb yet. My guess they all ready started one for ipb. They already got one for php nuke Wordpress and phpbb. You want to know how this works and want a live working copy one just message me. 

Thank you.

However, the Wordpress bridge is even more expensive than the IPS license (sometimes I don't understand these pricing strategies).

I'll just wait for that tournament app to be compatible with IPS OR wait for another app from other coders OR wait for my "best friend" @Midnight Modding to finish his app, eventually :lol:...

Like I said, whichever is released first...

Archived