Memcached with 4.2 Betas

I thought I would ask here for maybe some input on what to try from others. I do have a ticket in with support for this since last Sunday, but still haven't got anywhere yet. Thought maybe others might have an idea on what to try next.

Backstory:

My host uses a socket for their memcached. I have been using it for I think the last 6 months or so just fine. I even put a previous ticket in with Support and they verified it was working back then. Now I have been running just fine on it until 4.2 beta 4 which I updated. Instantly my site started throwing 500 errors at me. I put a ticket in and Support was able to figure it was due to memcached, but being the Holiday weekend they could look at it right then and there. I completely understood. I have been running the site just fine but would like to get back on to memcached. I have contacted my host about this also.

What we have tried:

My socket path looks like this: /home/mysite/.hostdata/memcached.sock - original what I always used, what my host suggests using

We have tried /home/mysite/.hostdata/memcached.sock - 500 errors

We have tried /home/mysite/.hostdata/memcached.sock:0 - 500 errors

I can't try unix:////home/mysite/.hostdata/memcached.sock - profile field will not allow it

I can't try /home/mysite/.hostdata/memcached.sock,0 - profile field will not allow it

I can't try /home/mysite/.hostdata/memcached.sock, 0 - profile field will not allow it

Does anyone else have problems running 4.2 beta 4 using memcached? It was working up to the minute until the upgrade. If anyone has some suggestions that could help either me or support out I would appreciate it. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, xtech said:

I do, it's working fine. Did nothing on upgrading and it continued to work great. I believe @RevengeFNF is also running memcached with 4.2 without any problem.

I am using php 7.0.x too.

Thanks, are you using a socket to connect to or an ip?

7 minutes ago, xtech said:

I do, it's working fine. Did nothing on upgrading and it continued to work great. I believe @RevengeFNF is also running memcached with 4.2 without any problem.

I am using php 7.0.x too.

Yes, but im using it with TCP and not with Unix Socket. Maybe the issue is related with that.

1 minute ago, RevengeFNF said:

Yes, but im using it with TCP and not with Unix Socket. Maybe the issue is related with that.

Ya that is what I am trying to figure out. maybe 4.2 beta 4 doesn't work with a socket connection? I am interested to see if someone will post using a beta version of 4.2 and using a unix socket or if everyone is just using an ip.

1 minute ago, xtech said:

IP and port

Thanks for the feedback Sir.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MattWServices said:

I've had it working this evening as well on 4.2 Beta 6 using sockets. 

/var/run/memcached/memcached1.sock:0

Ya they patched and fixed this in Beta 6. Was a update to HTMLPurifier. Long time no see @MattWServices. Did you make the switch to IPS? :)

3 hours ago, nodle said:

Ya they patched and fixed this in Beta 6. Was a update to HTMLPurifier. Long time no see @MattWServices. Did you make the switch to IPS? :)

I've purchased the SW, and I'm in the process of testing the conversion over. Liking what I'm seeing so far. Should probably be ready to switch over once 4.2 is out of Beta. 

Archived