I don't want to renew IP.commerce

action-reaction

Hello,

I'm interrested to renew the suite, for a new website.
However, I want to renew only some apps'. For instance, I don't want to renew Ip.commerce.

But in the new admin seems to not allow the choice. I have to renew everything, for 75$. I don't want that.
May be I've missed something ?

Regards

Please submit a ticket and we can remove Commerce from your license. If we do this however, you will no longer be able to use Commerce and if you choose to use it at a future date will need to repurchase at the full price.

Hello Jim M,

I can do that. But I have to say it's very offensive, from a commercial point of view. That was not the terms, when I bought the license at the first time.
I understand that IPB has to make money, but to force buying is not a good way. Innovation and performance are far better to seduce your customers.
I know you wont change your rules according to my message, but you should really consider it. Or that way to do could become a vice.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2017 at 1:42 AM, Jim M said:

Please submit a ticket and we can remove Commerce from your license. If we do this however, you will no longer be able to use Commerce and if you choose to use it at a future date will need to repurchase at the full price.

Sorry for hijacking the thread

Does this mean if we only renewed say pages and not forum under the old modular system we nolonger have forums and have to buy it again? Or would it still be in the acount as it had the option for renewal before the change?

And can you still change the domain for a license. 

Little worried about clicking that renew button now to find out.

3 hours ago, Skipy7 said:

Yes, and you can do this from the Manage Purchases section of the Client Area.  But you can only change the domain name attached to a license once every 6 months (I think).  After that there is a fee charged.

You will also have to completely uninstall from the old domain before you can initiate the change.

On 3/31/2017 at 3:26 PM, Skipy7 said:

Sorry for hijacking the thread

Does this mean if we only renewed say pages and not forum under the old modular system we nolonger have forums and have to buy it again? Or would it still be in the acount as it had the option for renewal before the change?

Little worried about clicking that renew button now to find out.

If it is deactivated then you can pay the renewal price to reactivate it but you must either renew or remove all deactivated apps. There is no more deactivating apps 

Hello,

I didn't renew my license, this time. I'm still interrested by the IPB scripts, but I don't like that commercial way.

1. First, now we have to pay each time we change a domain.
  2. Second, IPB does everything it wants with the license agreement.

I mean :

• IPB has some programming requirements and the scripts changes frequently. Ok.
  • That doesn't allow the IPB company to change the past commercial license, for existent users.

More :

• IPB can change everything it wants for the new and futur license.
  • But IPB cannot change the past agreement.

For sure, nobody will sue IPB about that.
But if someone would do, I really don't know how IBP could argue about this.
Except if you can show us a line which said "we can change the terms when we want, and you'll pay what we need when we decide".

So :

You have to make furthers developpemnt in the client area : there are the old customers and the new customers and the way to renew the lience (prices, conditions) is not the same for all. The licence terms cannot change each time IPB make a change in its scripts. Law and informatic are two différents things.

I'm meilleur en Droit qu'en anglais.

Regards

Yes, and that's exactly the problem.
None can change a license agreement as he wants, when he wants.

When I paid the license for Ip.nexus, for instance, that was "for life".
If IPB can show me a line in my license which says "we can force you to pay again in the futur despite you're now paying a life license", so I shut up.

Or IPB simply cannot acte like this.
I understand it need an improvment in the admin,
But it must be done, from a legal point of view.
There are the old and the new customers.
IPB can change its licences as much as it needs. But for the new customers, not for current customers.

Imagine that case : you run a WordPress blog.
It's free.
Suddenly, WordPress says to you "now it's 500$ each year or your blog is cleared".
Who could says that way of thinking is legal ?

42 minutes ago, action-reaction said:

When I paid the license for Ip.nexus, for instance, that was "for life".

And it is. You can continue to run your existing 3.x Nexus installation (or whatever you have) as long as it works “for life” and without any addition payment. 

You aren’t forced to pay anything. You can, if you want to continue with the current IPS suite.

And frankly, license changes happen all the time. I have countless notices from banks, insurances and almost every internet company I work with, who want to change our licence agreement and then ask: either accept the new terms or the license will not be be extended. They can’t just set new rules or prices and force you into it. You are correct about that. But they can ask you to accept new rules (even through doing nothing) if you want to continue to work with them (under these new terms). 

Archived