(itzverified) member verification

On 8/12/2017 at 1:41 PM, tsdevelopment said:

Hey, thanks for that. I looked it up and that seems to be a community error: after disabling / uninstaling the cache isn't cleared. If I uninstall the application and remove all files from the cache directory (datastore/*) everything is working. I am not sure if I should clear the cache completely after disabling my application. In the past it has not been necessary. Maybe a programmer can give a short comment on that.

I did this and still encounter 500 errors. Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@tsdevelopment 

Ok, here's something

My member's don't really like the medals & trophies idea i have presented them

So what i was thinking, maybe you could add the option for Admins/owners to add like 1 or 2 more icons like the check mark......

But only these next ones will, like a Star, a trophy, or gamepad, something for meaning Partnered

I was thinking that for you to maybe do this, maybe use the fa-icons...even let us be able to choose what icons we want to use

If it was up to me to choose the number of max symbols to show in banner besides the check mark, like maybe a max of 5?

All these should be able to be shown if member has earned them

I'm asking this, because i actually have use for them now, have a plan for them

On 4.10.2017 at 6:06 AM, FGN said:

@tsdevelopment 

Ok, here's something

My member's don't really like the medals & trophies idea i have presented them

So what i was thinking, maybe you could add the option for Admins/owners to add like 1 or 2 more icons like the check mark......

But only these next ones will, like a Star, a trophy, or gamepad, something for meaning Partnered

I was thinking that for you to maybe do this, maybe use the fa-icons...even let us be able to choose what icons we want to use

If it was up to me to choose the number of max symbols to show in banner besides the check mark, like maybe a max of 5?

All these should be able to be shown if member has earned them

I'm asking this, because i actually have use for them now, have a plan for them

Sorry for my delayed answer. I am currently not at home and very busy. I am not sure if I will implement this because it does not belong to the verification process or the original purpose of the plugin. What you need would be another plugin with that options. Or do you think it would be great for others to have these options? I am not sure about that.

yes, i was thinking that many ppl......like my competitor and i......... and others will and could find this useful

i was hoping that this could be fit in as to not have too many plugins and apps over load my board, but it's up to you

I really think others will like it, as they can use it for many things

But thank for responding, and hopefully you will think on it more?

so any more thoughts on this? This can be added, as it's not another plugin or app needed, all of what i stated can be used as a verification process

I don't see what would be so bad about 1. adding the option to be able to change the check mark icon to what we wanted, and adding one more icon to be added of our choice and call it what we want, there is no other plugin or app that has the process like you, or has the icon in the banner like you. It doesn't make sense to spend the money on something else when this could be added in here

If not, thanks for listening

I have prepared a new version with the following features:

• Widget to display verified members in the sidebar
  • Change the Icon that will be displayed next to verified members
  • Change primary and secondary group of a member

I will finish the new version hopefully during the next week.

On 14.10.2017 at 12:53 PM, FGN said:

No disrespect, But Why can't he just make the add on Feature to something i have already paid for

I am sorry but the intention of the plugin has been to display a checkmark icon next to the username if a member is verified how you know it from social platforms like Facebook or Youtube. In my opinion it doesn't make sense to implement other Icons next to the verification Icon with a customized state. There must be "rules" whether to display another icon or not. How do you want to define these rules? And where?

I would suggest that admin gets to pick what is used in the acp

that way, if they want to just use it for checkmark/verified they can, but leaves a lil room for other admins to use it for a different, but same purpose

and to display another icon....that can be up to the admin also.....i know and understand, there are still plenty of ppl that just want to use it as is

but to have the "option" for one or two more can be chosen in acp

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, tsdevelopment said:

That does not make sense. In this case every member would be verified automatically. You must use a seperate group. Otherwise the plugin can not differentiate whether a member is verified or not.

Argh the group that I made the available to is the only group I want to verify. I don’t want them to move to a new group. They are already in a very special group. Moving them would change everything for me

This would be better as a bool in the member table. Verify Flag true or flag false

Edited by superj707