Advanced Profile Edit

Adriano Faria

About This File

This resource will allow admins to fully edit members profile directly on front-end. All information from ACP can be edited on front-end by admins with no restriction on Can edit member accounts permission. It also checks for the permission Can edit admin accounts if you're trying to edit an admin account.

=> Tabs

You can:

• change member display name
  • change primary group and/or add/remove groups to secondary groups
  • edit content item and reputation level counts
  • change the whole notification settings for the member
  • change member preferences, like:
    • timezone
    • language
    • theme
    • view signatures
  • change profile info, like:
    • add/remove cover photo
    • member title
    • birhday
    • Show last visitors on profile
    • Allow others to follow the member
    • Edit all profile fields
  • edit member restrictions:
    • warning points
    • restrict from posting
  • more

It will also display all tabs added by any 3rd-party applications that uses the memberForm extension.

=> Action Buttons

You can also:

• Sign In as the member
  • Flag/Unflag as spammer
  • Merge accounts
  • Delete Content
  • Ban/Unban the member
  • Delete the account

Added links to:

• View Warn history
  • View Customer Data (link to the ACP page)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This is working for full Administrators, the default one, but I can't enable the permission for new Administrator groups I create. I enable the permission and hit save, then go back to check and it's disabled again.

Because of this whenever one of the people in that group tries to edit someone's account through the Advanced Member Edit, they receive a 500 Internal Error after hitting Save.

No issues when editing through the AdminCP, however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @Adriano Faria  i purchased downloaded and  installed the tar file inside the applications as   per in the read me directions 

but i am getting this error, 

permission.png.5155e90945ba4df1c3e3db2c700d1dbc.png

when i go to the applications, i can see it installed 

but when i go use it on a member  profile area  the button correctly appears,  (full member edit)

but when i press the button this appears. 

wrong.png.9ae16bff9e1b776b1398a559659d5e12.png

we are running on 4.1.17 still. 

i have enabled the app   in the dropdown, i have the admins membergroup enabled

hello, sorry , i meant 4.1.17 . 

i did uninstall, and  did the tool provided that says it clears the cache.  

this is what happens (i did it 2x so no other option).  

It appears at the applications not currently installed.  If i press + then again the same error results. 

uninstall.thumb.png.917112eecc3fdd08dabc2a3ee1c5f16a.png

I would like to also mention though that i have started the process to upgrade to the newest version of IPS, and have another issue that started when i tried to upgrade. 

Unfortunately I stopped the upgrade process because my associate hadnt taken a backup of the 4.1.17 so , because of other urgent issues (our second domain/forum migration hasnt worked out that well and is currently under analysis by the support staff)   so didnt continue the upgrade, its stayed in the middle, the files have been extracted but not installed.    maybe this is causing problems what do you think..? 

10 minutes ago, MeMaBlue said:

Unfortunately I stopped the upgrade process because my associate hadnt taken a backup of the 4.1.17 so , because of other urgent issues (our second domain/forum migration hasnt worked out that well and is currently under analysis by the support staff)   so didnt continue the upgrade, its stayed in the middle, the files have been extracted but not installed.    maybe this is causing problems what do you think..? 

Probably related. I installed this app today a dozen times to test the new version; no problem found. Other 8 members who had bought this seems to have installed it with no issue. 

Does it happen with other app/plugin?

The message points a core error. 

ok will probably open a ticket , thank you, no doubt your plugin is not at fault here ;-) just asked in case I need to do anything else of your knowledge.  

Its the first time i tried to install an Application so i had a little uncertainty with the  .tar   file  (had never seen this ending again ;-) )  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria

I love the convenience of this plugin a lot, however, when any of us try to upload images, we receive this error:

9b0cb52f52351548b656e63bdb117c99.png

We can edit/adjust everything else via the "Edit Full Profile" button on their profiles, but we can't upload any images without getting that error, regardless of file extension.

1 hour ago, GASR said:

@Adriano Faria

I love the convenience of this plugin a lot, however, when any of us try to upload images, we receive this error:

9b0cb52f52351548b656e63bdb117c99.png

We can edit/adjust everything else via the "Edit Full Profile" button on their profiles, but we can't upload any images without getting that error, regardless of file extension.

-200 is a server issue, not sure how related to this plugin it can be. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/439814-i-am-getting-this-error-when-trying-to-upload-files/

Where are you trying to upload so i can try to reproduce?

I'll have to do some digging if it's a server issue, however I only get this error when I try to upload the file using your plugin.  When I upload it via the ACP directly, it uploads fine.

I'm trying to upload an image into a custom profile field.  This is me trying to do it on a test account:  https://gasrforum.net/profile/77-testmod10/

https://i.gyazo.com/6cf7b74613db9bb51e18cfeb21a66de7.mp4

But it uploads just fine when I do it via the ACP:

cd0654a43f29a4b1ab0a83538f94d3e1.png

45 minutes ago, GASR said:

I'll have to do some digging if it's a server issue, however I only get this error when I try to upload the file using your plugin.  When I upload it via the ACP directly, it uploads fine.

I'm trying to upload an image into a custom profile field.  This is me trying to do it on a test account:  https://gasrforum.net/profile/77-testmod10/

https://i.gyazo.com/6cf7b74613db9bb51e18cfeb21a66de7.mp4

But it uploads just fine when I do it via the ACP:

cd0654a43f29a4b1ab0a83538f94d3e1.png

Ok. I’ll try tomorrow in the morning and will post a screenvideo if it works fine. If it’s a bug, I will fix it. 

Archived