I am getting this error when trying to upload files

SJ77

Upgraded to 4.2, from 4.1.x changed nothing else. Uploads were working fine for all file sizes big or small.

NOW: (after 4.2)

Uploading files to downloads app bigger than say 250MB the upload progress bar won't start, it turns to upload failed and I get this error

" there was a problem processing the uploaded file -200 "

can't upload!!! Any ideas?

some information before you ask.

ACP

Max file size 1171.88MB

NGINX

client_max_body_size  = 2048m

PHP.INI

max_execution_time = 3000

max_input_time  = 120

memory_limit  = 1024M

post_max_size  = 2048M

upload_max_filesize = 512M

can't-upload.gif

Not gonna be much help but I have the same error and the cause is most probably your host. Not IPS. My host didn't manage to fix it so I had to resolve to 3rd party software to handle my uploads and then use the add external URL option when adding a new file. Any file over 20 MB gave that error and I had the same settings as you along with 1GB in my php.ini settings.

The error you are getting is a "lost connection to MySQL server".

I suggest you contact your host. And if you have better luck than me then please share. 

7 hours ago, Nesdam1981 said:

Not gonna be much help but I have the same error and the cause is most probably your host. Not IPS. My host didn't manage to fix it so I had to resolve to 3rd party software to handle my uploads and then use the add external URL option when adding a new file. Any file over 20 MB gave that error and I had the same settings as you along with 1GB in my php.ini settings.

I suggest you contact your host. And if you have better luck than me then please share. 

I am the host in this case. I have been running uploads for a long time and large uploads have worked just fine. I didn't change anything other than upgrading to 4.2

4 hours ago, superj707 said:

I am the host in this case. I have been running uploads for a long time and large uploads have worked just fine. I didn't change anything other than upgrading to 4.2

That's funny. My problems started after I upgraded to 4.2 as well. But at the same time I get the same error on other forum software under the same conditions...

16 hours ago, Nesdam1981 said:

Curious, what 3rd party software do you use to manage your uploads? 

8 hours ago, Joel R said:

Curious, what 3rd party software do you use to manage your uploads? 

Not sure if I can say it here on IPS. Found a file manager on codecanyon though that takes advantage of html 5, no database needed and no restriction on upload file size. Fit my need better actually.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue for me was my server /tmp folder permissions. IPS uses the server /tmp folder to upload. The workaround using the constants.php file rids the error but does not work for uploading apps, plugins, and themes and I believe it should if you use a local /tmp. 

My solution was to make sure the server /tmp folder was accessible to the script.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got the same error in my docker instance for 220 mb file. I got a '413 (Request Entity Too Large)' error in chrome console. After that i set 'client_max_body_size 5000m;' in nginx file and it's solved the problem. So i can't reproduce it now and any big file saved well. I see you wrote about 2048m param in nginx. But, may be your param located in different server section or inside a location, not in the server directive?

Archived