Advanced Profile Edit

Adriano Faria

I want to enable the "Advanced Profile Edit" for a group of administrators.

When active "Grant access to Advanced Profile Edit?" simply on the salvo.

As I have the same problem with another application I opened a ticket in IPS support and I had this answer:

Hello,

Unfortunately, this likely means that the third party author is not utilizing an ACP module for that application so there is nothing to enable. Please reach out to the third party author to confirm they are not utilizing this permission.

Thanks,
Jim M.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, DSystem said:

I want to enable the "Advanced Profile Edit" for a group of administrators.

When active "Grant access to Advanced Profile Edit?" simply on the salvo.

As I have the same problem with another application I opened a ticket in IPS support and I had this answer:

No setting for groups. According to the file description:

All information from ACP can be edited on front-end by admins with no restriction on Can edit member accounts permission.

So if you don’t want a specific user group to use it, remove the permission for that group to edit profiles. If you allow them to edit profiles in ACP, then they will also edit in front end. 

12 hours ago, GASR said:

I only get this error when I try to upload the file using your plugin.  When I upload it via the ACP directly, it uploads fine.

I can confirm it. It's due to the storage extension file been used outside the original app (Core). I'll try to fix. If it doesn't work, I'll have to remove the 'upload' file from this app.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Stormlilly said:

Sorry if this has been asked before...

Are the options permission sensitive?

For example, I'd like my Moderators to be able to restrict posting since this is in their permissions.  However, I don't want them to change usergroups.

This is for ADMINS with the proper permission:

All information from ACP can be edited on front-end by admins with no restriction on Can edit member accounts permission. It also checks for the permission Can edit admin accounts if you're trying to edit an admin account

If the admin (or the moderator with ACP access) has this permission, he will be able to edit everything. That’s how it was designed. 

• 2 months later...

I bought the extension and it works fine. :)

Before installation on my live system is reviewed the code and I think, I have found a little error in the template hook.

image.thumb.png.d34f451f4b659205d55b2fa17659426a.png

Is there a closing span-tag missing?

{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->isAdmin() AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->hasAcpRestriction( "core", "members", "member_edit" )}}
<li>
    <a class="ipsButton ipsButton_overlaid" href='{url="app=advmedit&module=display&controller=display&id=$member->member_id" base="front" seoTemplate="advmedit_edit" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name" csrf="true"}' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-title='{lang="advmedit_full" sprintf="$member->members_seo_name"}'><i class='fa fa-user-secret'></i> <span class="ipsResponsive_hidePhone ipsResponsive_inline">  {lang="advmedit_title"}</span></a>
</li>
{{endif}}

Please have a look and if you agree with me, a fix in the next update would be nice.

• 2 months later...

This is working for me so no complaint.  It did take me a while to discover why it was working on one of my sites but not on the other. Just mentioning in case someone else bumps into this.

On the site where I was having trouble I am the administrator but my admin account also has a secondary group applied. That secondary group is not an admin group and does not have edit profile permissions. In this case, the lesser permissions  of the secondary group seems to prevent access to the application and I could not see the Edit Full Profile button. Once I removed the secondary group from my account I could see the button as expected. 

• 3 weeks later...

Advanced Profile Edit is, without doubt, the single most useful modification in the entire marketplace.

In fact, it is so useful that it makes me wonder why IPS hasn't incorporated these features long ago.

Every day without it causes countless minor headaches for me and my moderators.

Adriano, you know I'm a big fan of your work and no doubt, you're busy with a million things, but please find some quality time to update this mod.

Thanx

Neil

Archived