TXT & PHP Widget

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Hi @Pete T

Just tried this plug-in, and it doesn't seem to honour the WYSIWYG text. Once saved it appears as plain text, no paragraphs or formatting, just a line of plain text. Am I doing something wrong?

The plugin design so if html codes not the WYSIWYG editor way when will automatically do all this for you the plugin made by old dev and just get update fixes allow it to work with latest version of IPS when 4.3.x comes may review how plugin designed and works as might get redesign from the ground up.

I have put in some faulty code into the widget, and now the particular page with the code returns a 500 error. How can i remove that particular block if I cant load the page?

edit: for anyone wondering, the cms blocks are found in db under table cms_page_widget_areas.

Edited by Dan Richardson
  • 2 months later...

This widget is great for me, the only problem I have is that "groups who can see this", behaves differently to the way it does on advertisements (native invision)

If I have a member who is in group A and group B, and I decide to hide show adverts to everyone except group B, they are hidden from that member.

However, if I do the same for TXT & PHP Widget, the member will still be able to see the widget, because he is in Group A.

Logically your way makes the most sense compared to the description of the field, but it's less useful in my experience.

On 10/4/2017 at 5:48 AM, Dan Richardson said:

For anyone who is interested in the future, this is how I did it.

// Initialize IPS4 Framework
require_once('./init.php');

// Indicate that we should consider this a front-end session so we can obtain the currently logged in users information.
\IPS\Session\Front::i();

// Fetch linked account details
$setting = \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->profileFields();
$username = $setting['core_pfieldgroups_2']['core_pfield_2'];

I didn't need the require or the front-end session, in fact they crashed my page, but getting the logged in user with $member = \IPS\Member::loggedIn(); worked great for me. I then solved the problem I mentioned above using $member->inGroup();

• 1 month later...

Hi! Thanks for an awesome widget!

I wonder if it possible to import images and make them fit to the widget area? I´ve managed to import images but they stay in full size and disappears out of the window area. 

1 hour ago, mrbo said:

Hi! Thanks for an awesome widget!

I wonder if it possible to import images and make them fit to the widget area? I´ve managed to import images but they stay in full size and disappears out of the window area. 

not sure what mean provide a screenshot please.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

I added this to my custom.css as I only display ads that I control the size of, it works for me.

#ipsLayout_sidebar {
  min-width: 275px;
  max-width: 275px;
}

if only using ads yeah that fine but many people use widget there other ways like add code image etc or reduce the image so making the sidebar smaller or bigger ? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2018 at 8:41 PM, Square Wheels said:

I added this to my custom.css as I only display ads that I control the size of, it works for me.

#ipsLayout_sidebar {
  min-width: 275px;
  max-width: 275px;
} 

Hello.

Thanks for your code.

I put 310px and the code dpesn't make the sidebar bigger.

Have you got a way to fix the padding please ?

Edited by Bocar
On 6/25/2018 at 11:52 AM, Bocar said:

Hello.

Thanks for your code.

I put 310px and the code dpesn't make the sidebar bigger.

Have you got a way to fix the padding please ?

Trying work out what trying to do ? As said PM I don't support any tweak to themes that default or third party 

On 8/1/2017 at 12:51 PM, Pete T said:

yes please as used the plugin over my own site and removed the widget find from the front end so happy take look see if we do have a bug.

add this to custom.css

.ipsWidget[data-blockid="plugin_2_sodTxtWidget_0o20nmyug"] {   
    border: 0px solid #000 !important;
}

please let me know if that worked or not.

Hello.

I put :
.ipsWidget[data-blockID='plugin_3_sodPhpWidget_9ool06bo1'] {   
    padding: 1px !important;
}

Doesn't work for padding.

Edited by Bocar
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Bocar said:

Hello.

Can you tell how to do this please ?

Look I say it again and again I don't support custom tweaks to your theme I provided you CSS tweak it or look the inspect code via chrome and see if will get your end result but I am not going be provide support for your request.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 1:19 AM, im_mortal said:

Hello,

Getting this when opening left-hand widget menu with the plugin enabled:

image.png.90824489d83ed9095e38f2815c3b8505.png

IPS Support says PHP & TXT Widget uses invalid php code:

image.thumb.png.4cdc4154fd6330d3e0a71382145c4c7e.png

if read correctly you added php code into block yes or no ? if yes its that breaking your site not my plugin as there no invalid code in my plugin.

Hi.

I am having a problem in that I cannot edit the block - (see photo below of upper right block).  I need to edit the block to place an https protocol in it.

I tried to uninstall the block, however, it still shows up and then people cannot sign up or open an account.  Even when I turn this plugin off, it still shows.  The block is up to date.  Also, I cannot move the block's position .

How can I fix this or uninstall manually? 

THANKS for you help. 

78050177_ScreenShot2018-07-22at4_59_36PM.thumb.png.4198e0122f4b5818524858a633596439.png

Edited by jackflash
12 hours ago, jackflash said:

Hi.

I am having a problem in that I cannot edit the block - (see photo below of upper right block).  I need to edit the block to place an https protocol in it.

I tried to uninstall the block, however, it still shows up and then people cannot sign up or open an account.  Even when I turn this plugin off, it still shows.  The block is up to date.  Also, I cannot move the block's position .

How can I fix this or uninstall manually? 

THANKS for you help. 

78050177_ScreenShot2018-07-22at4_59_36PM.thumb.png.4198e0122f4b5818524858a633596439.png

if uninstalled would have drop all the data so little unsure why showing have cleared your cache ?