(NB41) My Football

Thanks for your help so far. Just a few more questions. 

When I make a fixture I need members on the site to able to post in that thread/comment. Currently there seems to be know way to do this although there is a comments section as you can see from below image:

fixture.thumb.PNG.a09939d45f62279a8bde987c27b19ba6.PNG

When i add players to teams, the first one shows up correctly, as soon as I add more than one, this is what i am confronted with:

players.thumb.PNG.61e2db3edd315497849dc076036a4801.PNG

Finally, I have over 1000 players to add to the league (stored in a google sheet). Is there an easy way to do this? I don't need bio or stats just the actual players names. Also when entering a fixture, presuming I can add the database of players, is there a way to add goal scorers, assists and goalkeepers who gained a clean sheet when completing a fixture? 

Thanks

Hello,

9 hours ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

When I make a fixture I need members on the site to able to post in that thread/comment. Currently there seems to be know way to do this although there is a comments section as you can see from below image:

Check league permissions

perms.thumb.jpg.7e888f4a6f1d26c526b033631aba21df.jpg

perms2.thumb.jpg.c3e0cf00c9ce51a1841367fe6b822189.jpg

and league settings

perms3.jpg.3db4f54cb6ac06d1229bcfdd18456b87.jpg

When i add players to teams, the first one shows up correctly, as soon as I add more than one, this is what i am confronted with:

Be sure you use the latest version of the app and IPS software.

What's New in Version 2.1.1   See changelog 

Released May 14

• IPS 4.3 compatibility ONLY

Finally, I have over 1000 players to add to the league (stored in a google sheet). Is there an easy way to do this?

I think you can use sql-queries or create php-script to add your players

Also when entering a fixture, presuming I can add the database of players, is there a way to add goal scorers, assists and goalkeepers who gained a clean sheet when completing a fixture? 

You can use Notes fields to add additional information about fixture

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of questions/requests about fixtures/players

Right now, if you look at the image below, we cannot differentiate between played fixtures and fixtures yet to play on the main 'football' page. What I would like, when entering a score and checking the 'completed' check box is for that fixture to then be stored in a separate folder. Still visible in 'recent results' but just stored somewhere else, like I can click move when entering results but it only allows me to move the fixture to another league which I don't want (see second image). Thanks in advance for any help.

FIX.thumb.PNG.b8346871a565bd7f7bfc23f0461121cd.PNG611315977_fix2.thumb.PNG.3ecebe41c10d0817d499676e7bfaee6b.PNG

Next is it possible to arrange teams in the table by  goal difference (after points obviously) as in real life? Currently as you can see from the image below, It's not the case:

tablre.thumb.PNG.0c45d6dfcc431d779a21fa86653623d3.PNG

Finally, when creating teams I made use of the option to upload kit images. Is there any way to incorporate these into Myfootball? I do not see them anywhere, it would be a nice touch.

Thanks again for your help, this really is a great plug in

Hello,

12 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Right now, if you look at the image below, we cannot differentiate between played fixtures and fixtures yet to play on the main 'football' page. What I would like, when entering a score and checking the 'completed' check box is for that fixture to then be stored in a separate folder. Still visible in 'recent results' but just stored somewhere else, like I can click move when entering results but it only allows me to move the fixture to another league which I don't want (see second image). Thanks in advance for any help.

I can add new filter and the icon which will be indicate what the fixture is completed

16 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Next is it possible to arrange teams in the table by  goal difference (after points obviously) as in real life? Currently as you can see from the image below, It's not the case:

They should be sorted by position -> points -> goal difference

Try to change Default sort column

24 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

I made use of the option to upload kit images.

Not sure what you mean

5 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

I can add new filter and the icon which will be indicate what the fixture is completed

Thank you very much, this would be hugely helpful

6 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Try to change Default sort column

How would I do this? Sorry if it's very obvious lol

6 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Not sure what you mean

It's not very important, I was just wondering why this option is here?

kit.thumb.PNG.25abf7c591d414f82aa64c8974c6a5b7.PNG

It doesn't seem to be implemented at all, unless I'm missing something?

12 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

How would I do this? Sorry if it's very obvious lol

21 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

It's a widget option

tables.thumb.jpg.51a6562a384585439c0d5a8cb80abfa3.jpg

14 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

It doesn't seem to be implemented at all, unless I'm missing something?

Where you don't have upload field?

35 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

It's a widget option

tables.thumb.jpg.51a6562a384585439c0d5a8cb80abfa3.jpg

This would require me to create a new block? How do I use these settings for the current league tables that are showing up? Even when I created a new block it doesn't replace the current league tables which do not take into account goal difference when both teams have the same points. These are the settings I have currently for the league tables I have

set.thumb.PNG.5a3eba64d6dc1b2f7b7e177311f3c7e9.PNG

37 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

No I don't think you understand. It's not important. I was just wondering if there was a section in football that displays these kit images I have uploaded.

9 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

This would require me to create a new block? How do I use these settings for the current league tables that are showing up? Even when I created a new block it doesn't replace the current league tables which do not take into account goal difference when both teams have the same points. These are the settings I have currently for the league tables I have

It's a widget.

On public side click on arrow on the left side. Then click on Edit button

edit.thumb.jpg.26afcb7cb559e765ca4dfa0f42ab04fa.jpg

9 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

No I don't think you understand. It's not important. I was just wondering if there was a section in football that displays these kit images I have uploaded.

I can add those images on the team page

Edited by newbie LAC
1 hour ago, newbie LAC said:

It's a widget.

On public side click on arrow on the left side. Then click on Edit button

edit.thumb.jpg.26afcb7cb559e765ca4dfa0f42ab04fa.jpg

I can still only arrange by one item. Either points or goal difference.

It would be great if there was a secondary sort option so by default I can sort by

1. Points

2. Goal difference

3. Goals For

6 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

The teams should be sorted by position -> points -> goal difference -> goals for. If it is not so then maybe it's a bug.

Can you give me acp access?

Yes how do I do this?

Currently sorts by points, alphabetical order... I think

Edited by Paul Play To Enjoy
21 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Looks like the teams sorted by points.

Select by position.

I hope you know about

tables.thumb.gif.4506b58a04469a5c0522a5102487aa2f.gif

Yes this works. Thanks so much for your help.

Very very last question lol

Is it possible to arrange a cup tournament with a knockout system or will i have to buy another plug in for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Our members are loving your product and it is working brilliantly so thank you for creating this.

We are getting more and more requests to be able to present and promote peoples tournaments.

Is a tournament section something you would now consider adding, even if it was a paid addon to the main app?

Hello,

16 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

We are getting more and more requests to be able to present and promote peoples tournaments.

Is a tournament section something you would now consider adding, even if it was a paid addon to the main app?

To make something I need to know what/how it will be works.

In particular I do not want to add tournaments to this application. There are several topics related to tournaments.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Spotted an issue.

It would be good to have completed league tables still available to view on the front end of the site, maybe on an archive page of completed leagues?

At the moment if I put an end date to the league it disappeard from view once it has finished, so players cannot view their past league tables anymore.

If i delete the end date I get a long list of leagues, IE - https://www.walkingfootball.com/football/ which is the better option of the two, although it might be worth limiting it so it only shows X leagues per page?

Edited by Unlucky

Hello,

22 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Spotted an issue.

It would be good to have completed league tables still available to view on the front end of the site, maybe on an archive page of completed leagues?

At the moment if I put an end date to the league it disappeard from view once it has finished, so players cannot view their past league tables anymore.

If i delete the end date I get a long list of leagues, IE - https://www.walkingfootball.com/football/ which is the better option of the two, although it might be worth limiting it so it only shows X leagues per page?

I will consider your suggestion

Hello,

12 hours ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Back again!

Is there anyway to show more than 5 'next fixtures' and 'Last' fixtures when you click on a team?

\applications\football\sources\Team\Team.php

public function nextLastFixtures($nl, $limit = 5)

12 hours ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

Ideally would like to see all of the fixtures.

Change 5 to null

public function nextLastFixtures($nl, $limit = null)